Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

_waves_ Hi everybody!

Greetings!! I've been semi-lurking for nearly a year...mostly just soaking in the knowledge as this forum has been around much longer than my (substantial) interest in Lasers...although, I've always had a passion for light in general.

Here is my formal "hello" and a "thanks" for all the wisdom shared and hopefully more to come on a long road full of killer lights :beer:

I'm in the Indianapolis area, and consider myself a "beam guy". Likely looking for some nice hosts to compliment a bunch of C6s I've been putting together, so those out there with hosts for sale, you could be hearing from me soon!

If you want to see some of my crappy pics, check out my flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124016697@N07

Cheers!

Welcome, formally, to the LPF. It looks like you are trying to fill out your signature. Lost of great diodes to chose from.

Welcome to LPF, Lew! As you’ve probably seen there are many nice people here who are happy to listen and to help whenever possible. You appear to have quite an impressive laser collection, and creative beam shots are always appreciated. :D Please enjoy your stay here and always remember to be laser safe. Take Care.

-cd

Welcome fellow beam expander appreciator :)

Lots of nice pics, I think you just found a bunch of buddies.

Welcome to the Forum Lewie...
Nice pics... Are those your own Laser beam
pics:thinking:

Enjoy the Forum and be Laser Safe.

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! It might sound a bit goofy, but seeing these friendly replies from the folks I've been 'following' since the laser bug bit me has really made my day :) As cyberdoc pointed out, it's the friendliness and readiness to help of the folks on here that kept me coming back and finally convinced me to post a formal welcome. Overall, the internet forum society as a whole is something that turns me off, with so many negative (cathode) folks - but this this thread right here proves you are all a bunch of 'anodes' - keeping the posi+ivi+y alive!!!

Yes, all the pics are mine. You might see some influence by fellow member brucemir - his are just a million times cleaner than mine! If you are reading, Bruce, your pics are incredible - I'm a follower!

I'm on holiday currently - on the beautiful island of Culebra, PR. Have that new Sharp 490ish sitting in my mailbox waiting for me to get home. Can't wait!!