Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$9 Wf-501b host/heatsink combo

gozert

Will the heatsinks fit any 501B host? I've been wanting some colors and a silver one, but you're not selling them in silver. Can I go ahead and purchase a silver model somewhere else and still fit the heatsink in it? Thanks.

Most of the 501b host Ive had I been able to swap heat sinks... in a way.. it just depends on how tight of the fit you want.
Thats just me though!..

gozert

Most of the 501b host Ive had I been able to swap heat sinks... in a way.. it just depends on how tight of the fit you want.
Thats just me though!..

Okay, that sounds good. I'll probably buy a couple different colors to fit the diode colors. Do you happen to know where I can find a contact board that fits these hosts? I've been looking around LPF but couldn't find anyone selling them, and I don't know which ones would fit either.

The CNC shop sent me an email a couple days ago clarifying some details so I'm hoping they were starting on them, would love to get them earlier than expected.

Was just given a ship date of June 13th. Takes 2-3 days to arrive from there by DHL.

could you update with shipping date for the 501b's? and june 13th, was that the date for the heatsinks shipping to you?

I already have the 501B's on hand.
If you ordered the 501B's and heat sinks in the same order, the order is waiting for the heatsinks, unless you state otherwise.

Yes, that's the date they will ship to me. Realistically, you can expect the heat sinks to arrive to you by the 20th.

So I guess the sale price will remain until the 13th, then they'll go up to normal price. I was hoping for a quicker turn around since I placed the order with them on May 25th. Next time i'll have to specifically state I want a 10 day production time.

If you want me to go ahead and send your 501B hosts I can. I've actually been dying to try out my new Dymo thermal head printer for shipping labels....

I already have the 501B's on hand.
If you ordered the 501B's and heat sinks in the same order, the order is waiting for the heatsinks, unless you state otherwise.

Yes, that's the date they will ship to me. Realistically, you can expect the heat sinks to arrive to you by the 20th.

So I guess the sale price will remain until the 13th, then they'll go up to normal price. I was hoping for a quicker turn around since I placed the order with them on May 25th. Next time i'll have to specifically state I want a 10 day production time.

I was just about to buy four Wf-501b's yesterday but didn't get around to it. Now it looks like the "pre-sale" is over? The discounts are not on the products now.
Is the pre-sale over? Because you mentioned that the sale would end on the 13th in this post^.

Last edited:
I just noticed that a sec ago too. I think it got accidentally removed when I was trying to fix something on the website (i ended up deleting and remaking the catagory a few times.)

Edit: it's fixed. Also getting other stuff added...

Last edited:
OK, just completed the purchase!
Good thing that the non-pre-sale prices were just a glitch, I was worried that I had missed the discount altogether.:eek:

Got an email today.

"Tomorrow*will do anodizing.

And can be sent in 2days.

Before shipping, I will show you the photos.

Eva"

Definitely taking longer than I'm use to, or comfortable with.
I'm probably going to look into other CNC shops in the future. Their prices seem higher than they use to quote me, and they seem to be short and dismissive in their emails.

so if we're lucky, the heat sinks may arrive at my door by the end of the week.

UPDATE:
Just got an email saying the parts are being finished up today and being mailed out. They sent me a photo as well.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 501b.jpg
    501b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 93
Additionally, The price of the host has actually gone below the "pre-sale" price of the WF-501B.
Because of this, I have refunded the difference to everyone.

This is why it's important to have a few online shops. Competition keeps prices at a reasonable level.

Additionally, The price of the host has actually gone below the "pre-sale" price of the WF-501B.
Because of this, I have refunded the difference to everyone.

This is why it's important to have a few online shops. Competition keeps prices at a reasonable level.

Dang, nice! Not that they weren't reasonable before though :)