Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

80mW blu-ray kenbarrel Violaser-80P

Switch

drlava said:
Haha, I brought it to work, it's amazing the things that fluoresce.  In antifreeze the beam looks amazing.

P stands for portable, as opposed to the fixed module version:
violet_4.jpg
Well that's another thing that makes it better than the sonar.I think it is 60mW pulsed :-/
Anyway, your computer controled fixed module is kickass too :p

Dr Lava,  I hate your guts....

You are now officially the laser guru of the year!

Do you know if it's possible to project a UV laser beam that causes the same brilliant flourescent glow effect at target but not be visible at all to the naked eye enroute?

Now THAT would be a riot! Hey you guys, why are my teeth glowing? Yours? Mine too!

(Insert Rod Serling theme here)

TS

I got my purple people eater running again !!  The drive arrived today and was harvested "carefully" in one hour.  I'm running at 105 mA and the plastic Aixiz lens seems better for power.  I admit that I'm pushing closer to the knee than DrLava.  I too am using the Kenom barrel and my own driver.

Mike

Attachments

• Purple3_001.jpg
    Purple3_001.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 97

jayrob

Hat's off to both of you! That Kenom barrel/6 X combo is by far the best blu-ray laser that can be had. I'm on hold...I got a message from E-bay about my 6 X blu-ray purchase: "If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement" That SUCKS! Big time. So, now I'm not sure if I will recover the money I paid out. Still hoping that the drive somehow shows up. Too early to buy another...it just might show up.
Jay

Jayrob --
Sad news -- DrLava and I have gotten ours from Overclockers. About the same price. Be careful removing the Blu diode. I think the top hat is a little more fragile.
It's worth the wait !!!
Mike

jayrob

Those are beautiful laser builds man. Thanks for the tip on the extraction!
Jay

HM, how much wattage output would be necessary for a blu-ray to begin warping the plastic Aixiz lens?

TS

TS --

Good question --- I've never had a LD damage a plastic lens. If clean, I immagine the damage threshold is above what we have here

Mike

HM, I have found a way to use a cheap Daisy rifle scope as a beam expander/focussing lens for my green lasers. I will try and get a how to up on the net. The all glass optics and main tube which fits cr123a's perfectly work like a charm to produce 5/8" beams at aperture, the many fine threads on the main focussing lens keep alignment tight and accurate for converging the beam at a wide variety of distances.

TS

Switch

Techstuf said:
Do you know if it's possible to project a UV laser beam that causes the same brilliant flourescent glow effect at target but not be visible at all to the naked eye enroute?
337nm diodes are being developed.From what that article said, they're gonna use them in disc readers/writers too.

drlava

wow, this power of beam, when expanded by decollimation makes an excellent NCIS-style detector. It causes things to fluoresce that an ordinary black light cannot. Very cool!

Mike, glad to hear you had success! excellent.

Switch

drlava said:
It causes things to fluoresce that an ordinary black light cannot

Because of the power or because of the longer wave than an ordinary blacklight? :-/

Dr Lava, do you plan on assembling any of these units for sale? If so, what'll it take to get my hands on one?

TS

Techstuf said:
Dr Lava, do you plan on assembling any of these units for sale?  If so, what'll it take to get my hands on one?

TS

i second that, I would like to know the price it would cost me to have one of these built for me.