Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

808nm pig tail fiber lasers

If I purchased a 40 watt fiber coupled laser with a collimated lens at the end of it could it be converted to 532nm green just by placing "crystals" in front of the collimated beam and adjusting the lens to get a different green focal point beam? Sounds simply but would it work? This would be a simple cheap high output green 532nm laser. Please respond if you can help or have a working knowledge of this type of arrangement that I want to try to accomplish!

It is possible i think but you would need the KTP and the other crystal the name escapes me , and the crystals woud need to be able to handle the power , you will mess the crystals up if they are to small but it should work

good luck with it :)

With that much pump power its best you have some good quality and decent sized crystals, not to mention adequate heatsinking as pumping that much light will produce a good amount of heat, but none-the-less, it sounds feasible.

Yes it would work, this is how high powered DPSS laser systems work. But let me tell you, it's not just as easy and putting the crystals in front of the IR beam...