Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$8 Ebay pointer becomes a burning laser!

Take a picture of what your talking about. Most of these are a brass module with a black plastic lens.

They do some brass ones, usually you gotta use 2 objects to stick in the notches (toothpicks or whatever) and spin it that way. Its most likely glued in position so you gotta break it loose. Typically spinning it counter clockwise will bring the focal point in for burning and clockwise to return back to infinity.

I destroyed the first unit turning it counter clockwise caused the whole module and driver to turn away from the side button. Trying to press the module out the button damaged the board of the driver.
Second attempt and I got it focused really well. It tingled skin, causes leather and black tape to smolder but nothing more. No black matches.
I'm going to attempt to completely remove the brass lens assembly and move the spring from behind there to make it turn more easily.

GOT IT.

trimmed down the barrel and replaced the two AAA batteries with a ultra fire 10440 that I had laying around. The stock lens is focusable by finger after removing the lens and discarding the spring behind it.
Now I just need to order up the lens and focus ring posted above. Will I need anything else?

EDIT: Why is the aixiz lens needed when ordering the focus ring? Does it thread deeper into the module body to allow for a focus ring screwed to the other end? I would like to know. Either way, I ordered 20 of each.

3dbwRpN

hHQPMP2

GFJAqmJ

axbViwF

BdRcVzy

Last edited:

zadane

I just finished this mod myself, and despite being slightly focusable... (could be because i am still working on removing all the gunk they used to hold the old lens in place.) It is the same effect as when i just pressed the lens from a green ebay laser over the lens that comes in the blue laser.