Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

700$ brightest laser i can buy.

Like the other people said before, there's no need for such a powerful laser for star pointing.

Stick with something between 50-100mW.

Cheers!

Hey zombieJesus, I will try to find you next year, I usually camp at random places, this will be my 8th year coming up and I love bringing out my handhelds out there, bring plenty of batteries and don't forget the charger too.. Heres a few pix of me destroying the man with my lasers!! Also, the bag I made out of E-L-Wire was kinda cool too, definitely a must out on the playa at night.

I really made the man explode!! I think..
bman2012g_zpse7da7caf.jpg

bman2012b_zpse2fe426e.jpg
This is me pointing out into nowhere over the playa with my 1.4watt via survival lasers, from inside the man..

bman2012d_zps02aa8dc5.jpg

Me blowing up the man some more

bman2012f_zps98c952c2.jpg

bman2012a_zpsa0503075.jpg

bman2012c_zpsfd097586.jpg

bman2012e_zps06201309.jpg

Survival lasers makes burning man soo much more fun!!! Wish I had more pix for you guys, guess next year yeah?
Also I know that this is a laser forum, but I really am passionate about ELWire(stands for electro luminescent wire) so if you have any questions about that, please don't hesitate to ask..

Thanks
bman2012b_zpse2fe426e.jpg.html

Last edited:
One more thing, these pix look like the lasers are really wide, but that was because of a crappy camera.. the lasers were actually very thin and bright focused to infinity in case you were wondering..

IsaacT

Unlike the other people saying don't get a powerful green laser for star pointing I say rubbish!!! If you want to blow Alderaan to hell with a Death Star like beam then by golly, you should! I used to star point with my Titanium Jetlaser 250mW green laser and it was great! It's like a solid beam piercing the night.

Of course, I wasn't doing serious star pointing, just out away from the city with my girlfriend. At one time there were some astronomy folks taking pics of the andromeda galaxy (if I remember right) and they politely asked me not to shine it that night so I turned it off no problem. No matter what you decide, always remember that other people matter, and just because you CAN shine a laser doesn't always mean you should. The less people us laser hobbyists piss off, the less people who will be out to create highly limiting legislation.

Welcome to LPF! Glad to have you!

Peace,
Isaac

Ohhh god what a Idea photo's.....

Now where did i put my propane tanks :DD

Setup across a lake... EL wire suit on, camera at a good angle with the right settings all remote controlled.

If only i wasn't so affraid to take my lasers outside = Pic heaven.

+1 for you sir.

Of course, I wasn't doing serious star pointing, just out away from the city with my girlfriend.

Thats funny how you say you weren't seriously star pointing, because when I have my high power laser out, I'm always telling others around me how that is my favorite star, when in reality I have no idea which star I'm pointing at, it is just the first start that I happen to see..

Yep, I agree with wannaburnstuff. If you've got the money and want the laser to work epically, just get a real powerful one. You won't be let down ;)