Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7 watt diodes, too powerful to have fun with?

Hexal101

Yeah, another fanboy who didn’t know anything was a guy named Purple. He also joined styros discord, joked around about blinding people, said looking at the sun for a second was comparable to looking at a 1 watt laser, called a laser 303 a 1 watt laser, bought goggles for YAG lasers on eBay and said they would protect against his “1 watt” laser 303. Then he got banned from lasers, got banned from the server, made an alt and rejoined
, mods tracked him down and banned his alt, then he made another alt and that alt is still on the server because we don’t know the name of the alt. Oh yeah, and I talked to him after he got banned, he bought a legit 3 watt laser (Thor h).

I wouldn't be too quick to label this member as being irresponsible just from that one comment. I like to give new members the benefit of the doubt until they have been shown to be irresponsible.

Hexal101

I wouldn't be too quick to label this member as being irresponsible just from that one comment. I like to give new members the benefit of the doubt until they have been shown to be irresponsible.
I completely agree, but the fact that he called 1-2 watt lasers toys. Sure, I still have some hope but that killed most of it.

I guess it depends on your definition of "toy". If it is something that is fun, then the comment is still quite innocent. For many news members burning things with lasers is a lot of fun, but that wears off soon. I still give him the benefit of the doubt.

Giannis_TDM

I guess it depends on your definition of "toy". If it is something that is fun, then the comment is still quite innocent. For many news members burning things with lasers is a lot of fun, but that wears off soon. I still give him the benefit of the doubt.
He is talking about a member in styro discord but yea it wasn't just that I have more examples of incompetence and complete disregard for safety from him,trust me Paul the staff team is not trigger happy with the ban hammer quite the contrary in fact we tend to give misbehaving users quite a few chances to change around and behave properly.

Encap

In the OP the poster says "... having a wrist-mounted lightsaber makes me feel really powerful. " Pretty much says living in a delusional/imagined world and daydream of his own design. lol

All anyone can do is warn people of laser eye hazards.
If someone is intent on making a retarded chimp look like a genius and being an accident looking for a place to happen + wanting to risk their eyesight for "attention" or for whatever meaningless idiotic daydream reasons, it is up to them.

There are a lot of reasons that the FDA eye-safe output power limit is 5mW and all of the higher power laser pointers are illegal to import to the USA and sell as items of commerce within the USA to people within the USA

Bottom line: use safe laser operating procedures and wear laser safety goggle/glasses

Here is a thread by one member who was hit in the eye with a 1W 445 laser and the permanent retina/eye damage he suffered which occurred in less than one second.
See: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/hit-in-eye-with-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser.69469/

Last edited:

Snecho

I can confirm we get that type of guy in styros discord sometimes, they don't care about safety precautions and you cant change their mind in any way as you can guess not a huge pleasure to deal with. We are quite patient with them but they end up getting banned anyways a good example should be a guy named Shiiru he was not giving a single fuck about safety and was ignoring our safety advice outright he just wanted sources for powerful lasers. Then after he got banned he kept coming back with alternate accounts oh what a pleasure he was....
Hey, didn't a new member named Shiiru join last month :unsure:

Sorry miss clicked please ignore this message
You can just delete it under edit

Last edited:
Can't speak to the discord group as I only visited there once. Just wasn't for me. This isn't a social group for me as I have things to still learn and some information to impart.