Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7 colour pocket spiro!

jayrob

I'm getting started on trying this Rog...

I hope you don't mind a few questions along the way. It's definitely going to be a challenge!

7 color2.jpg

7 color3.jpg

At this point, I'll just be happy if I am able to line everything up and get the 7colors... Forget about fitting everything in a box as small as yours and a spyro too!:thinking:

Soo cool...
Jay

Good start there Jay, I will guarentee you will recieve PMs about the adaptors;)
Get the modules all wired and ready to turn on and off then you can use them to set up the turning mirror in the middle...That really will be the hardest part done!
Regards rog8811

jake21

nice job jay.......rog8811 what sled do u think is easier to mod... the ps3 sled or 803t sled ? to make a laser like yours ?

Yeh, jayrob a challenge is right! It can be frustrating to get a precise allignment. In addition to some adapters, I ended up using a small amount of ceramic like clay called super sculpy to temporarily hold the axiz heads in place until I could power up all the lasers and make fine adjustments for allignment. Then I used UV activated glue to set them in place and finished off the mount with a concoction of non-shrinking epoxy resin mixed with jb weld. Very, very strong hold. Of course light sanding of glued surfaces is required. I'm working on one with adjustable focus of each laser individually, it's getting tricky! Looks like yours is coming along though, good luck, can't wait to see!

what sled do u think is easier to mod... the ps3 sled or 803t

PS3 is easier but slightly bigger, I am glad I went PS3 first time around as I learnt a lot from the build, It made the PHR possible as I had a base line to work from.

Regards rog8811

jake21

thanks rog...just wondering what one i want to do, i almost have every thing to make mine complete :)

Rog, what do you think about replacing the spit/combine cube w/ a dicro in the phr sled. I noticed the cube has a fair deal of loss.

what do you think about replacing the spit/combine cube w/ a dicro

The only reason I have not tried that is that the cube is set perfectly for combining correctly and sending the beam the right way, so it is less work to get the 3 modules lined up. I am a great believer in the KISS principal;)
All the colours come out good and strong, (Yellow is a little toward green but I did not want the red too strong for the other mixes)

Regards rog8811

Yes, that’s understandable. I made a setup a while back with 2 dicros mounted on an aluminum block instead of using a sled, it was quite a bit more difficult to align but the output was far greater and a bit cleaner, especially at great distances. With the red @ 350mw it's definatly prodominant in compairison with blu, but I hope to offset that with a 6 or 8x blu ray soon. Thanks Rog!

jayrob

Coming right along...

7 color4.jpg

7 color5.jpg

7 color6.jpg

Phew! So touchy getting it to line up properly while the glue is drying!

Rog, this is definitely the coolest project I have seen! Awesome work man!

:thanks:
Jay

Phew! So touchy getting it to line up properly while the glue is drying!

Yeh, tell me about it! Thats why I used the uv activated glue(instantly hardend), got tired of checking alignment while the glue is drying to make sure it hasn't moved. Just as I thought though, your build is looking great jay! The hardest work is behind you now, the green will be a bit easyer to line up, just remember that with some green modules the beam exits on a slight angle so I would for this check before you machine an adapter:)

jayrob

Yeh, tell me about it! Thats why I used the uv activated glue(instantly hardend), got tired of checking alignment while the glue is drying to make sure it hasn't moved. Just as I thought though, your build is looking great jay! The hardest work is behind you now, the green will be a bit easyer to line up, just remember that with some green modules the beam exits on a slight angle so I would for this check before you machine an adapter:)

Thanks for that reminder! I noted this when I was trying it out with a Leadlight pointer to see if I can get my first yellow beam...

This project makes building 'new' to me again! It is the best! :topic:

I have not tried that O-like glass lens yet, but every lens manufacture or supplier that I have talked to, has told me that the expensive ones (like Meredith and my 405-G-1 glass lens), are expensive because of the shape of the lens, not just the coating. And have told me that any similar quality lens will be expensive...

But someone needs to compare that O-like one just the same!
Jay

Last edited:
This project makes building 'new' to me again! It is the best! :topic:

I have not tried that O-like glass lens yet, but someone needs to compare that O-like one just the same!
Jay

It's great to hear such enthusiasm! I'm glad that others are enjoying this build as much as I am. It's quite addictive actually!

I bet your right the O-like glass is more than likely a different shape. I guess I'll order one and find out. I don't have one of your lenses to compare it with but I will post some pics and info as soon as I get it.

jayrob

It's great to hear such enthusiasm! I'm glad that others are enjoying this build as much as I am. It's quite addictive actually!

Man, I am so amazed with this build! :cool: Thanks so much for showing this Rog!!!

I actually had to pry off the red about three different times before I got it lined up properly, but when it is perfect, it is amazing with only the red and the blu-ray! :)

I can only imagine how it will be with the green! :drool:

If anybody else is trying this, when Rog says to line up the dots at distance, take him at his word! This is the key... (at first I thought I could just align the dot at about 10' or so, but this is not good enough)

I found that using a mirror at the far end of my dining room, and reflecting back to my living room wall was the best way for me. That way I could be near the dot, even though it was at least 75' for the round trip.

Obviously, first you want precise focus at distance, and you have to have the assembly held solid. (I just used a simple 'third hand' aligator clip device)

and then I could get it very precisely aligned to a single dot at the 75' distance. Because I was near the dot that was reflecting off the mirror and coming back to a wall near me!

Even with only these two colors, it is amazing! When I shine the magenta beam at one of my 1" crackle glass uranium marbles, it has an incredible effect with the two colors...
Jay

Last edited:
White laser video!!!

This is my handheld white laser bouncing off a mirror that is attached to speaker playing @ subsonic frequencies. Sorry about the poor video quality.

Attachments

• #1.MOV
    14 MB · Views: 102
Last edited: