Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

612nm returns!.....for a price

djeric

Hi Guys,

I've been offshore without cell, email or internet and haven't been able to follow this thread. The picture with the diffraction grating is the orange 612nm Laser Chorus / REO tube. It is a high quality glass diffraction grating.

I started looking at my other orange 612 and noticed a slight difference in the color. This one is a Melles Griot from MWK. The Melles is more deep orange and the laser chorus / REO is more light orange.

The Melles has 612nm on its label, but the LAser Chorus / REO just says orange, with the 612nm listed in the owners manual.

Attachments

• MWK 612 & LC 594.1.JPG
    MWK 612 & LC 594.1.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 110
  • colors compared.jpg
    colors compared.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4414.JPG
    IMG_4414.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 114
  • MWK 612nm.JPG
    MWK 612nm.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Laser CHorus 612nm .JPG
    Laser CHorus 612nm .JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4513.JPG
    IMG_4513.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4510.JPG
    IMG_4510.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 88

Depends on the ratios of the lines to one another and how powerful it is. The more intense the other oranges and yellows, the more natural orange it will be. 612 single line is a firey red orange. The 604 and 594 tend to mellow it out and take some of the red away.

Great photos btw!

I'd love to see spectrometric readings for those oranges.

Same. I should check up on my LOR-150. (Bare tube 151) It's rather.... Odd. It's a 612nm, but has no bore support...quite mysterious. This causes it to do interesting things sometimes, including spitting 604 and 594 out of it at peak. Ranging on power changes all the way up to a whopping 6.25mW

(sorry for the double post but I wanted it as a full seperate additional post)

I just got off the phone with Melles Griot and was talking with one of the laser engineers. He stated that a lot of the older tubes apparently do not come with bore stablizers, and they were added later on. only newer lasers actually have them. Interesting.

I also asked him about mirrors, and he said he'd check on them for me. it seems that they still produce a variety of OCs, but he had no HRs listed in his computer still. He is going to call me with anything he finds out, and if he can get approval, he may produce a run of the mirrors for us.

If anyone has some spare cash laying around and has a SP-127 or something that they could use the mirrors for, I may have a run of these mirrors coming my way if all goes well. possibly could run a unique GB for them?

Wow. I'm amazed you got a response from MG at all, but the fact that there's a chance for new mirrors is amazing!

(sorry for the double post but I wanted it as a full seperate additional post)

I just got off the phone with Melles Griot and was talking with one of the laser engineers. He stated that a lot of the older tubes apparently do not come with bore stablizers, and they were added later on. only newer lasers actually have them. Interesting.

I also asked him about mirrors, and he said he'd check on them for me. it seems that they still produce a variety of OCs, but he had no HRs listed in his computer still. He is going to call me with anything he finds out, and if he can get approval, he may produce a run of the mirrors for us.

If anyone has some spare cash laying around and has a SP-127 or something that they could use the mirrors for, I may have a run of these mirrors coming my way if all goes well. possibly could run a unique GB for them?

I don't know about the cash laying around but I've got an SP-127 laying around.

PM me if you have any other info. If there isn't any danger to the 127, it might be fun to see what it can produce in another color, any idea?

-it's near 40mw now - but if it can't do more than 4 I'd probably not for obvious reasons.

No danger to the laser other than misalignment. Obviously you'd have to know how to align it to use the mirrors. I didn't get a callback from MG today, they left a voicemail while I was at work, so I'll have to call them back on Monday. Some of the mirrors is actually offered through CVI, but there's apparently a minimum order of $750. But they didn't leave me a price chart so I don't know how many mirrors that is. So i'll have to do some research with them and see what all the mirror options are.

Last edited: