Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6 X's

If anybody knows where to get a 6 X sled or diode, please PM me ASAP. Thanks. I've been looking everywhere, & I guess the posts I've been reading are correct. There just isn't any more right now :( rob

Hey Rob.... (Supply and demand)...  ::)

What are they worth now.... $100.00.... :'( :'(

PS.... there may be some available... you know... on the other site... :p
But the sleds still need to be tested... I'm not convinced they contain a 6X
Daguin is getting a sled next week to test...

Jerry

Thanks for the info. Jerry. PLEASE keep me posted via PM OK ? Thanks buddy, rob

I have some of these but my power meter hasn't arrived yet... I'll be creating a new thread as soon as I have some results!

I sent a sled to Jayrob for testing ;)

Jayrob - post your graph so you can educate some of these kind folks :) I do NOT have a cement price in place as of yet - but will post here again (or a new thread) when I DO get the solid pricing.

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
I sent a sled to Jayrob for testing  ;)

Jayrob - post your graph so you can educate some of these kind folks :)  I do NOT have a cement price in place as of yet - but will post here again (or a new thread) when I DO get the solid pricing.

We should have some answers in the next week then, eh?

Peace,
dave

jayrob

Greg sent me a blu-ray sled to test...

SF-AW210 sled1.jpg

SF-AW210 sled2.jpg

Here's the graph that I got with the blu-ray diode from the SF-AW210 sled.

SF-AW210 Graph.jpg

I didn't want to push it too hard yet. But I will if that's what Greg wants me to do... :)

It seems like a high efficiency 6X diode, or maybe even better! I have not tried to check voltage or anything else. I just put it into an AixiZ module and a heatsink and took some measurements. (acrylic lens)

Also, the sled contains a short open can red diode. I did not test it, but these have been graphed here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210649510

It definitely seems like a nice diode. First impression is that it is much better than the 4X diodes. But we need some other testers too!
Jay

Edit: This looks like Daves 8X!!! (although they are different sleds) He got 200mW's at 193mA's. And I got 200mW's at 191mA's! :D

Dave's 8X readings with AixiZ acrylic:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1236464366/32#40

jayrob said:
Here's the graph that I got with the blu-ray diode from the SF-AW210 sled...

SF-AW210 Graph.jpg

I didn't want to push it too hard yet. But I will if that's what Greg wants me to do... :)

It seems like a high efficiency 6X diode, or maybe even better! I have not tried to check voltage or anything else. I just put it into an AixiZ module and a heatsink and took some measurements. (acrylic lens)

Also, the sled contains a short open can red diode. I did not test it, but these have been graphed here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210649510

It definitely seems like a nice diode. First impression is that it is much better than the 4X diodes. But we need some other testers too!
Jay

Edit: This looks like Daves 8X!!! (although they are different sleds) He got 200mW's at 193mA's. And I got 200mW's at 191mA's! :D

Dave's 8X readings with AixiZ acrylic:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1236464366/32#40
Interesting...
VERY interesting.

jake21

i have one in a kryton barrel runs well with a rkcstr driver maxed out lol ill be sending it to u dave for a test ?

wow 8x! imagine 12x or 22x :eek:, now that would make a laser! ;D

jayrob

Update:

I'm not ready to kill this diode just yet...

But I put my 'test' blu-ray diode from the SF-AW210 sled into a Pocket Mini at 280mA's...

One of the things I wanted to test with this diode, is to see how the FlexDrive can handle the voltage at 280mA's. It holds just fine at this current! :)

The power is right where I anticipated it to be... 384mW's! :D (using the 405-G-1 lens mod)

I know I already mentioned it, but I think this diode is the same as Dave's 8X!
Jay