Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5w laser from china.

Hi. I'm thinking of buying a laser diode off Ebay: TO-3 Package High Power 5000mW 5W 808nm Infrared IR Laser/Lazer Diode LD.($ 188.00)

Does anyone know if this is worth buying?

Ed.

Merged consecutive posts

im new to this, can you tell me how to make a post? sorry for interjecting on your post.

im new to this, can you tell me how to create a post? sorry for interjecting, im a noob.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

ARG

Ed Kline: Do you have a link?
Chosen One: Select the appropriate category for your post, click the "new thread" button at the top.

Hi. Sorry I took so long about getting back to you!
The link is: eBay - (Thanks for any help you can give.)

Ed.

Last edited:
Hi. Sorry I took so long about getting back to you!
The link is: eBay - (Thanks for any help you can give.)

Ed.
That is no doubt a multi mode Laser without a FAC lens..

It will give you an output beam profile like this -------
With a FAC lens the output would look more like this

This is a 5W 808nm with a FAC lens.... You will need to
get in touch with Tony to order one in a TO-3 Case....

5000mw 808nm laser diode with fast Axis Lens | eBay

Before playing with this HIGH POWER 5W Laser with
and Almost Invisible Laser Beam... you had better
equip yourself with appropriate Laser Safety Goggles
or your next purchase will be a White Cane.....

Jerry

Last edited:

Ablaze

Ed.. this is probably hands down the most dangerous laser you could buy, and the one with the least practical application. You'll hardly be able to see the line and even looking at the line shining on the wall will cause blindness.

I really hope you know what you are doing, this is the laser that gives all the other lasers such a bad name. If you want a laser that you can do.... just about anything with I HIGHLY suggest you select something within the visible range.

This laser was never designed to be used as is. It is only useful as a component in something else.

Ed.. this is probably hands down the most dangerous laser you could buy, and the one with the least practical application. You'll hardly be able to see the line and even looking at the line shining on the wall will cause blindness.

I really hope you know what you are doing, this is the laser that gives all the other lasers such a bad name. If you want a laser that you can do.... just about anything with I HIGHLY suggest you select something within the visible range.

This laser was never designed to be used as is. It is only useful as a component in something else.
Thank you very much for the advice, I decided not to by it.

I have a completed five watt laser pointer comming, I use it for etching and burning wood, laminates and plastics. I wish it could have a pilot beam on it so I can aim it better. I need a laser pointer built into my laser pointer. I have to use my phone cam to aim it. Don't worry I got eye protection comming with it as well.