Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW green

5mW Green/Red pictures

Me and my friends were in BurgerKing and one of my friends took a picture of my 5mW green laser shining directly into the lens. I just thought this looked pretty cool so I wanted to share it. :yh:
3977855697_7f603b3f70_b.jpg

Im not sure where the swirls come from. But I like it.(IR maybe??)
and heres my 5mW red one from DX.
3977855689_797833694e_b.jpg

Last edited:

Grix

Not very smart if you care about the camera.

Hmm, truthfully I doubt anything can happen to the camera. It works perfectly fine as far as I know. They are only 5mW so what damage can be done? Its a nice camera, Canon Powershot S5.

MAPESA

Well, i did focus my lpc labby pinpoint directly to my phone camera, it hit the black paint next to it, there was bit of smoke inside the cam, its still working great. I knew the dangers of camera destroying before doing it. I took a video when i did it, and i watched it (the vid is on my phone only) and the beam was right in the center of the camera.

Gotta upload some pictures of the labby someday.

Things

Hmm, truthfully I doubt anything can happen to the camera. It works perfectly fine as far as I know. They are only 5mW so what damage can be done? Its a nice camera, Canon Powershot S5.

I wouldn't do this to any camera's you use frequently, even 5mW WILL damage it with exposures. The lense on the camera focuses the light down to a teeny point onto the CCD, and it doesn't take very much at all to kill pixels!

Cool pics, but I wouldn't do it again if you like the camera.

Lol, will keep that in mind and tell my friend that. :whistle: Not a very cheap camera to replace.

Lasher

Nice pic.

If I'm not mistaken the swirls you see look to me to be finger prints on the camera lens....lol

Lasher

Aiming lasers directly into cameras is a really bad idea, especially in public. You could easily destroy your camera's sensor, even with 5mw. More importantly, shining a laser at a complex lens assembly will create unpredictable specular reflections. In other words, a portion of the beam will be reflected by the camera lens and could disturb or harm bystanders.

The fact that Chinese lasers are often much brighter than their specified power makes the risks even greater.