Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW* 445nm pointer from laserlands

Beamshots aren't going to look any different from the blues you're used to, but I'll grab a few later if you want.

Hmm. Very nice. Can you see a visible wavelength difference from 445? Or are they too close to see a visible difference...

No, they look the same. Keep in mind 445s actually vary from 440 to 455.

How would this be as a presentation pointer?
Is 50mW of 449nm dim enough to use in a conference room on a whiteboard? :cool:

It's about as bright as 10mW of green, so it's a little on the bright side for a dark room. A lit room shouldn't be a problem.

but would you buy a 50mW 445nM ?

Because if I want to burn things, I use a lighter or a CO2 laser. :) Judging a laser just by the power is short-sighted. I contend this pointer is actually more useful than a 2W cannon.

Reactions: Ash
I attempted to find this laser on the Laserlands website but was not successful. :(
I'm interested in getting one, yes. :)

Arayan

Interesting review and nice pointer :)
Cyparagon said:
Because if I want to burn things, I use a lighter or a CO2 laser. Judging a laser just by the power is short-sighted. I contend this pointer is actually more useful than a 2W cannon.

I'm totally agree!!!!

looks great! this is also $10 cheaper than the ones i saw + free shipping. (although, i really hate dealing with Hong Kong Post).

^^^ Thank you^^^ :D for the link -- as soon as my money comes, I'll be purchasing one. :thumbsup:

Ash

Ash said:
How would this be as a presentation pointer?
Is 50mW of 449nm dim enough to use in a conference room on a whiteboard? :cool:
It's about as bright as 10mW of green, so it's a little on the bright side for a dark room. A lit room shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks +Rep :beer:
What is the maximum output for singled mode diodes on the market today?
I know nLight has 808nm C-mount diodes doing over 5W:

IntenseDiodes.jpg
:eg:

^Single-mode, not single emitter. The opnext blues are the highest (commercially viable) I know of for blue - they supposedly do 80mW max. That may be what's in this pointer.

I think the 12X blurays are the highest power single-mode overall.

very cool anyone know where you can buy bare diodes are they even available?

btw guys burning gets old fast

my favorite laser ATM is a phr

Last edited:
Nice. If I wasn't broke ATM I'd be all over one of these. I'd like a blue that I can show people without worrying about blinding them.

Heh the prrevious poster mentioned that their current favorite is a phr build because while not my all time favorite my phr build is still in my all time top 5.

What kind of driver would i use for the osram 450 if i wanted to make a keychain pointer? it would have to be powered by a single AAA battery (1.5v) because of the host i want to use.