Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589nm club membership card

I literally just bought the 80mW spartan. And i own an lpm! Im terrible at reveiws! So look out guys!!!!

gozert

The Spartan 589nm is advertised as 50mW, not 80. What did your LPM measure the output as? I still need a decent LPM but I've bought a few lasers so there's not much left for a LPM atm.

Edit: I see you just bought it, so it probably won't arrive until one or two more weeks right?

Last edited:
I just ordered one too...let's hope ours don't come out to be duds like a few other members. :p

That being said, I better set up a tent our near the mailbox. Waiting for those 589nm photons is gonna be killer. :D

GR3EN

589nm for everyone! Haha. I expect some sweet pics from everyone.

my friend I used to have one of these before, I always thought it was a cool design, now I have realized they are still not small enough for me lol. I'm still tempted to buy one now though..

Sits fairly stable near 85mW. Not sure how it's output changes with temperature yet, but I'm sure I'll play with it enough over the next few days to figure that out. :)

I ordered mine on saturday!! When did you?! Im soooo excited to hear it puts out that much.!!

I ordered mine Thursday...you should get yours soon! The golden color is just as great as everyone has made it out to be. :beer:

Davidx

Got mine in the mail today. Works alright. Put on my Laaerbee AX
First reading was 65 which was ok since I ordered the 50mw 589
Second reading, 54 then 56mw. Then power drops. Hook it back up 56-54 reading again
I know it's an exotic animal, so kinda expected some " oddness "
Looking forward to evening :) thanks to all. Never knew yellow lasers existed till joining this forum

Last edited:

GR3EN

Got mine in the mail today. Works great put on my Laaerbee AX
First reading was 65 which was ok since I ordered the 50mw 589
Second reading, 34, then 25. Switched batteries in Laserbee.
I think I'll let it sit for an hour or so,See what I get. I'll check Laserbee by putting new batteries in a unit with a known number
Hope I haven't harmed my LPF
I

How long are you running the laser for each test? Mine doesn't show full output until about 40secs on starting from a room temp of about 65 degrees or lower. Actually haven't tried measuring mine since the summer weather hit. Hmmmm. guess I know what I'll be doing later.

SteveT

The 589 seems an inherently unstable laser during warm up. Mine mode hops for the first 30 seconds or before settling at what appears a constant output.

It is easy to become over paranoid with LPM readings; we seek this special wavelength and there are trade-offs; so what if it doesn't hit a magic number or fluctuates here and there; it's a quirk and all part of the owning experience; enjoy it for what it is and let that golden awe do the talking and not the digital readout :) welcome to the club :beer: