Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589nm Arrived. A Few Pics.

From what I've been able to tell a lot of them meter closer to 100mW than 50. Also,how much more power do you want? In order to get twice as bright a beam, you need four times as much power. 200-400mW of 589 probably isn't going to happen in a handheld... For a while if not ever. And even then it's only twice the brightness, so still nowhere near as much difference between, say a cat toy red and a 100mW green. You have to remember that even the freakiest of CNI yellow handhelds got to just shy of 200mW, sure it's brighter but is it double the price brighter?!

As an owner of one of these I can say beam visibility is no problem at all and if you put a bit of incense or fog into the air you'd have to be blind to miss it.

Thanks for the good info Trench. That's very helpful knowing that the CNI wont be drastically brighter than the Spartan to warrant the double in cost. I did a couple days of side work on a good client with the agreement he would pay me the end of March. Its about a grand I have coming and I plan on buying a 589, now probably from DL, and a Jet Laser 800mW 532 with the money. Since I bought the CNI 900mW 532 from Gizmo it has encouraged me to own more high quality lasers. The 589 is such a rare and beautiful wave length. Thank you for the feedback!

To the OP- more beam pics please!!!!! Such a beauty you have.
I noticed their website isn't secure which is mind blowing to me in todays day of CC fraud! My wife and I have both had 3 incidents of fraud in the past 18 months most likely from ordering on-line with unsecured sites like this. I emailed them to see what my other options are. I prefer to have buyer protection and don't want to send a money order. How did this transaction go for you?

Last edited:

GR3EN

Thanks for the good info Trench. That's very helpful knowing that the CNI wont be drastically brighter than the Spartan to warrant the double in cost. I did a couple days of side work on a good client with the agreement he would pay me the end of March. Its about a grand I have coming and I plan on buying a 589, now probably from DL, and a Jet Laser 800mW 532 with the money. Since I bought the CNI 900mW 532 from Gizmo it has encouraged me to own more high quality lasers. The 589 is such a rare and beautiful wave length. Thank you for the feedback!

To the OP- more beam pics please!!!!! Such a beauty you have.
I noticed their website isn't secure which is mind blowing to me in todays day of CC fraud! My wife and I have both had 3 incidents of fraud in the past 18 months most likely from ordering on-line with unsecured sites like this. I emailed them to see what my other options are. I prefer to have buyer protection and don't want to send a money order. How did this transaction go for you?

My suggestion is make an account. Put the laser in your cart and check out. And when you get to payment just go back to the home page and go to my account and order history and get your order number then email them the order number and ask for a PayPal quote. Its a bit of a pain but they are quick to respond usually within 12hrs and then you know your money is secure.

photo2_zps37f4598b.jpg

It's an amazing colour. Perfect trio!

Enjoy your new baby. I was a bit apprehensive to drop as much as I did on mine from CNI but 100+ mw of 589nm photons is an amazing sight.

Enjoy your new baby. I was a bit apprehensive to drop as much as I did on mine from CNI but 100+ mw of 589nm photons is an amazing sight.

I'm still waiting on a price quote from CNI for the 100mW 589. Out of curiosity could you tell me how much you paid please?

@Trencheel303- I can't get over how bright that 589 is for only 50-100mW!!!!!!

My suggestion is make an account. Put the laser in your cart and check out. And when you get to payment just go back to the home page and go to my account and order history and get your order number then email them the order number and ask for a PayPal quote. Its a bit of a pain but they are quick to respond usually within 12hrs and then you know your money is secure.

Great to know they will send paypal requests thank you! I think I'm pretty set on getting the spartan after seeing this thread.

Last edited:

Pman

If you want it measured you could send it my way if you don't want to wait for your LPM or there's lots of others who could do it.
Congrats:)

White balance is off. That's even redder than 594.

It might not help much, but these lasers are identical (and I mean identical - the emission spectrum is the same) in colour to low pressure sodium street lights (the long thin ones that look like orange fluorescents). To me the colour is a yellow orange but far more "lemon-ey" than 594.

Last edited:

GR3EN

White balance is off. That's even redder than 594.

It might not help much, but these lasers are identical (and I mean identical - the emission spectrum is the same) in colour to low pressure sodium street lights (the long thin ones that look like orange fluorescents). To me the colour is a yellow orange but far more "lemon-ey" than 594.

My camera tends to absorb the color of the surrounding and the hardwood is kind of orange. Still learning with this camera as far as beam shots go. In general as well. Haven't had many opportunities to use it. White balance is somethin I gotta mess with.