Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

Encap

any news on the yellow lasers from opt we ordered ohhh 6 months ago? Never heard another work and they don't reply.

You can make an educated guess from "no reply" .

Probably is a dead or on hold issue for several reasons at this point.
OPT needs to make money selling what is--those "yellows" were a play time loss and about what isn't at the present time,

Last edited:

I haven't heard back from them either. My best guess is the crystal problem was never solved and they might have moved on, I really don't know. I'm certainly glad I got a very good one and it is still as stable as the day I received it.

LSRFAQ

Reposting in each OPT Yellow Thread for INFO Purposes: For those whose 565/575 nm yellow has died/ lost power:
After reading paper after paper... YB:SVAP has some bad habits to be solved.

Turns out the dopant metal has a habit of A. Migrating, and B. forming micro-clusters of raw metal in the crystal, and C. forming F Centers of high adsorption. . If your yellow is dying, as in really dead, move the crystal sideways in the laser and retune the pump diode focus and crystal angle. See if it lives. Your pump diode needs to be on wavelength within +/- a nanometer and a half or so, as well for peak power.
The pump diode moves around 0.2 nm /'C . Pump is near 796 nm, although other bands can be used. Wear Laser Safety Glasses when doing this, a Watt of 796 nm pump light can easily blind you..

Steve

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Heads up. The pump found in science papers and confirmed by members here in their 565/575 modules is around 976nm. I think you’ve got confused with the doping. Pr:SVAP instead of Nd:SVAP.

kecked

Steve do you think simply heating the crystal would let it migrate back again? Mine are still ok. IF someone has a dead one and wants to send it to me I'll put it in a wafer oven and cycle it. Might just try a reflow oven a couple of cycles but you run the risk of cracking it if you don't cool and heat it properly of which process I have no idea.

It might be that there is an annealing required which would slow or stop this migration.

Also would not the pump needed be 1130-1150 if it's doubling or is it 858=(808/1064)1130 796=(0.71130) (just how I figured the ratio of pump to output). to 1130 to 565?

update ...

I paid for two (one each)when they first came out--but the PP Addy I was given was wrong.
STILL waiting for something to happen-- $ was resent to correct PP...

Encap

update ...

I paid for two (one each)when they first came out--but the PP Addy I was given was wrong.
STILL waiting for something to happen-- $ was resent to correct PP...

Would be a better idea to just cancel the PP payments.

Wait until they have something to sell, if ever--then think about ordering.