Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm DPSS labby

Let me get this out of the way at the start - this is definitely DPSS. Looking down the barrel shows a square object glued in front of the diode, and the other member who measured his has a very low Vf on the diode. And the final nail in the coffin, this does not have the beam specs of a diode.

Note: these images use a -52 hue on the 565's color. My camera (as many others) will not pick up the color correctly. Now that that's out of the way:

The color is very reminiscent of our yellow-green LED's used everywhere. A little more on the yellow side than the green side... 60-40 yellow:green ratio. The beam looks greener than the spot in person, which is a bit odd to me...

For beam specs, not that great. Typical of cheap DPSS sadly... not so good divergence.

At aperture, we have a 3mm spot (pic makes out some splash as the spot, it's a little smaller)

and at 7.3m (24ft), we have a 14mm spot...

which looks like 1.507mRad... which isn't terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as I'm used to with these new diodes. But man, is the spot an ugly mess at a distance:

_______

Onto speckle... this has about as much speckle as a diode has, which tells me it's either a thick linewidth, or not very polarized. Putting it through a polarized lens gives a brighter spot than my 589 does, where the 589 is brighter without the lens. Which will cause it to produce less speckle...

vs 589

You can see the speckle through the grainyness if you click the image and zoom in. It's much closer to the speckle a higher power diode puts out:

Compound that with a line-shaped output from a diffraction grating (rather than the circle it should be)... and you probably explain the lesser speckle.

So my verdict: very, very cheap dpss.. It would not surprise me if it were direct diode doubled, as I cannot see an IR filter nor can my camera pick up any 808 off this (but it can off the 532).

___

There you have it, the new 565's!

I'll be sharing the 575 as well once I get it (probably in a new thread). That will be the more comprehensive one :p

Until then, enjoy! I'll be updating the album as I take more pics and edit them (though it will be more rare than other albums):

Nice photos, Zach. I bought a 575nm laser on PL for $65.00 total, including shipping. It is supposed to measure 24 mW and once I get it I will be reviewing it too.

Nexgen

Congrats, everyone. They are legit I just received 2 of those units and I’m happy with it. :) 565-575 is now available for us :beer: more pics coming soon!

Awesome news! Are yours the 565 or 575s? 565 like I said above is like 60:40 yellow:green, where 575 I bet isn't green at all.

Encap

I understand the "labby" style description as meaning a square housing and not a hand held but it certainly is not a laboratory laser or any kind.

Am not convinced it is a DPSS laser ----remains to be seen what it really is when a member disassembles and investigates further---the manufacturer does not say it is a DPSS laser

From the pictures which are good, I would return it as defective/not as described for the atrocious lack of beam quality + low output and ask for a refund or better example if you bought it from the Australian reseller and not directly from the manufacturer in China who sells them for $30 in which case returning is not worth the postage

Last edited:
I paid for a 575nm one on PL that is supposed to ship within the week. It was $65.00 in total with $35.00 for shipping. Anyone who has an account over there can PM MagicL520.

Yeah understandably this lacks the "lab laser" qualifications. If anyone has a better name than "wall-plug w/fan" I'll gladly use it.

This is the best image I can get shooting down the barrel.

It looks like they have a spring or something soldered in place with a crystal glued to it, with a 3.8mm pump diode. I think the light blue/green in there is an IR filter.

And as I see it,
Pump Diode
Crystal
Chinese adamantium glue
retaining ring/spring soldered in place to hold crystal

I'd take it apart a little further if I could, but I only have one of these and they loaded this sucker up with glue. I fear using chemicals that may damage the optics, and I fear using too much physical force to pry it all apart.

Last edited:

Encap

Yeah understandably this lacks the "lab laser" qualifications. If anyone has a better name than "wall-plug w/fan" I'll gladly use it.

It looks like they have a spring or something soldered in place with a crystal glued to it, with a 3.8mm pump diode. I think the light blue/green in there is an IR filter.

And as I see it,

I'd take it apart a little further if I could, but I only have one of these and they loaded this sucker up with glue. I fear using chemicals that may damage the optics, and I fear using too much physical force to pry it all apart.

I don't know what to cal it either other than "module" maybe----"labby" is ok as it tells not round, hand held, or battery powered

Dr. Laser has some better pictures of it partially taken apart over on the other thread see: https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/565nm-laserlandaustralia-102826-11.html

Last edited:
I saw those photos. It looks like it might be a frequency doubled direct diode laser. It really depend on the wavelength of the "pump" diode. That is my best guess from what I've seen so far.

diachi

I saw those photos. It looks like it might be a frequency doubled direct diode laser. It really depend on the wavelength of the "pump" diode. That is my best guess from what I've seen so far.

From the pictures I've seen it looks no different than the cheap 532s with bonded crystal sets that we're used to, as far as construction goes.

Will need to wait until someone opens one up for a side view of the crystal(s) to be sure.

Assuming that is the case, I'm still curious as to exactly which gain crystal they're using.

Last edited:
From the pictures I've seen it looks no different than the cheap 532s with bonded crystal sets that we're used to, as far as construction goes.

Will need to wait until someone opens one up for a side view of the crystal(s) to be sure.

Assuming that is the case, I'm still curious as to exactly which gain crystal they're using.

It does "look" like a cheap 532nm laser. I agree with that. I doubt it is using a small 808nm diode for the pump. I would also like to know what they are using, but from what I can see, I can only guess at how they are doing it here.

Encap

It does "look" like a cheap 532nm laser. I agree with that. I doubt it is using a small 808nm diode for the pump. I would also like to know what they are using, but from what I can see, I can only guess at how they are doing it here.

Exactly--until we actually know we don't.

As far as speculation goes until we really know for certain we might as well say it is the result of a Chinese Government technology transfer program of technology found among remnants in "Chinese Roswell" crash of an "alien craft' that nobody else has ever seen and no other company can or does make -- only "Shenzhen Optlaser Technologies Co., Ltd" is able to have and offer for whatever reasons. :crackup:

Well, I have done work with Dr.Laser before and after looking at his spectrometer printout and seeing the collimated dot, I believe they are lasers. Mine is supposed to ship out tomorrow. Will you take my word that it is a laser if I post a review? Or will you still say it isn't possible and I can't tell a laser from an LED?

What's going on with that crystal, from what I've seen they are all at an oblique angle to what we normally see, is it possible a common KTP crystal is being used for direct doubling when put at some strange angle? I know, that's one hell of a stretch, but why am I seeing the crystals off the normal axis?

Nexgen

More info about pump diode:

It’s voltage is 1,5V and current 1A