Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

561nm Laser Pointer Presenter Received from Lasence

kecked

I was cool with it. I only paid 30.00 for 36mw. Had a lot of fun. Just wish they would have told me the pump so I could do it myself. Now I don’t even have the dead laser to experiment with.

part of the problem was water vapor. Well I could have enclosed it in nitrogen had I known. Now I have nothing. Some day I will have true yellow again. 571nm is about as close I’ve gotten. 575nm is the sweet spot.

imagine 1w 575 mixed with 1w 445! It would be a blazing white line.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I was cool with it. I only paid 30.00 for 36mw. Had a lot of fun. Just wish they would have told me the pump so I could do it myself. Now I don’t even have the dead laser to experiment with.

part of the problem was water vapor. Well I could have enclosed it in nitrogen had I known. Now I have nothing. Some day I will have true yellow again. 571nm is about as close I’ve gotten. 575nm is the sweet spot.

The pump appears to be 976nm on these for future reference. I’m fairly certain at least that it’s one of the yb doped self doubling crystals. But which one is anyones guess. I’ve found a couple which is possible, but most likely a unknown crystal that someone will have to pay for a science paper to discover. It’s frustrating you sent it back for them to fob you off. $30 or not. Not great of them.

I would be interested to see white from 445 and 575nm. I have done 489 and 589nm and that is nearly pure white together.

Last edited:
The pump appears to be 976nm on these for future reference. I’m fairly certain at least that it’s one of the yb doped self doubling crystals. But which one is anyones guess. I’ve found a couple which is possible, but most likely a unknown crystal that someone will have to pay for a science paper to discover. It’s frustrating you sent it back for them to fob you off. $30 or not. Not great of them.
I have access to many scientific journals through the university I work at. If there's one in particular you'd like to read, send me the link and I can probably get access to it.
I have a 570 nm module to repair so I'm also interested in the pump diode specifications.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I have access to many scientific journals through the university I work at. If there's one in particular you'd like to read, send me the link and I can probably get access to it.
I have a 570 nm module to repair so I'm also interested in the pump diode specifications.
Thanks RA, if I find articles which particularly grab my attention I will take you up on that. 👍🏻

I would be interested to see white from 445 and 575nm.
I've tested this already, 473nm mixes better, anything deeper and it gets an odd magenta tinge to it.

julianthedragon

Just wanted to share that it’s been a few months and this thing hasn’t let me down. It’s been a lifesaver and left a good impression during many presentations. It’s never run out of battery on me. I tested it on my LPM and got a relatively stable 6mw output. The funny thing is most people assume it’s like any other green laser but it will weed out the other laser nerds in the room who notice a slight color difference. I’ve never noticed mode hopping behavior or any other weirdness one might imagine from 561, fwiw. Happy with my purchase