Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

561nm GLP

GR3EN

So I finally got my 561nm today. Took about a month to get which was just grueling. Ended up testing at 3mW and uses 1 cr2. As most people thought/think it's pretty unstable. Mode hops a good bit, changed brightness. Overall after about 10 seconds on it calms down a bit. Wonderful color to see, but hard to capture on camera. Even with messing with my color settings. With it being between green and yellow the camera just isn't exactly sure what to do. I did my best though. So here are some photos.

m8z1ix.png

As you will see the box and laser are labeled 532nm I'm assuming because they probably don't make pointers in 561nm.
2vxlixt.jpg

2iapdn8.jpg
wagdtx.jpg

Now for the better photos.
2i0ad7p.jpg
vzuf7b.jpg
23i74go.jpg

Last edited:

GR3EN

Wanted to get a good photo of the dot but even at 3mW it just washes out in the camera so you can't even get a feel for the true color. One of those ones you have to see in person I suppose.

Very nice! I hope to be getting mine soon and will have a go photographing it by itself and with a 5 mw 589 and 5 mw 532 for a nice comparison.

D

Deleted member 16589

:drool::drool::drool::drool: STOP TAUNTING ME :cryyy:

OK now in all seriousness
Whats the mode look like.
How round is the dot.

Again so epic. :9 wish I had the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That would look nice Bruce, a comparison with others of equal power.
Hopefully the others will be here soon! :)

GR3EN

:drool::drool::drool::drool: STOP TAUNTING ME :cryyy:

OK now in all seriousness
Whats the mode look like.
How round is the dot.

Again so epic. :9 wish I had the money.

When the laser is stable it's a very very nice TEM00. When it hops thought it is a VERY obvious TEM01. Longest mine has stayed TEM01 is about 2 seconds though

So some see it as more of a green and some see it as a kinda golden yellow right? I'd love to see this wavelength in person at some point.

The last time I saw 561 was at SELEM 2011. I didn't know they put them is smaller handheld hosts now. They only put them in the PGL-III-C the last I knew.

How warm does it get? What's the duty cycle like?

The other CR2 pen I have from them (589nm) draws 1A, and CR2s can't really do more than 1A, so figure 3W of heat. It'll get warm, but probably not warm enough to cause alarm. The issue will be the change in output, which will inevitably be different for each pen shipped. Some will get brighter if left on for 30 minutes, and some will get dimmer.

I'd love to see this wavelength in person at some point.

You have. The older style of green LED is a color centered on approximately this wavelength. Think clock displays and indicators.

170354057_0_36_inches_anode_super_bright_green_4_digit_led_clock_displas_s.jpg

Last edited:
You have. The older style of green LED is a color centered on approximately this wavelength. Think clock displays and indicators.

Oh my that is a very beautiful color I must say. I might have to change my nick to VisibleYellow :crackup:

Last edited:

GR3EN

The host itself doesn't get warm during running, but I only run it for about 30 seconds at a time max.

Some more photos to try and show the color better, however it just doesn't show anywhere close as it looks in person even with the camera set all the way to yellow it still looks way too green in my opinion.
2d1o1he.jpg
28ksy9t.jpg

First photo is a little better. Still has way more yellow in it in person. Maybe I'll try and color edit one and see if I can get it to look proper

Edit: had to do a good hue shift to get it closer to what I see.
rriliu.jpg

Last edited:

Pman

The pic with the hue shift looks a lot like I pictured the color in my head. Very interesting hue. Congrats and I'm also looking forward to Bruce comparison pics.