Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

561nm 5mW

RandomName123

A friend of mine that lives in China recently got me in contact with a company making 561nm for much cheaper than CNI. I ended up ordering three of them and they were in fact 561nm. Sadly my phone camera nor my DSLR will capture the color. It just looks like typical 532nm on the photos. I plan on selling two of them here if people are interested. I might be able to order more but I'm not sure. If there is enough interest I will see if I can.

The color is really hard to describe. It's a weird yellow green color almost like one of those walking signs. If I put a 532nm next to it looks more yellow too.
And yes I put it in what is basically a altoids can but without writing.

Edit: The color almost looks like this.

Last edited:

RandomName123

It ended up costing me $125 each. I plan on sell the two extras I have for $150 shipped to the US. They also did a ton of testing for each one. They used a spectrometer to make sure it was 561(one of them was 560), the LPMed it at increasing temp starting at 10C and ending at 50C, and they took pictures of the dot to see how round it was and calculated the mrad.

I also have some other cool stuff coming soon. Just gotta wait till Friday.

Giannis_TDM

It ended up costing me $125 each. I plan on sell the two extras I have for $150 shipped to the US. They also did a ton of testing for each one. They used a spectrometer to make sure it was 561(one of them was 560), the LPMed it at increasing temp starting at 10C and ending at 50C, and they took pictures of the dot to see how round it was and calculated the mrad.

I also have some other cool stuff coming soon. Just gotta wait till Friday.
Wow, that's amazing! please DO keep me updated on the upcoming stuff you will get!

Biggie Cheese

The company making them is called Lasence. They are on Alibaba, current price for like 20mW of 561nm is $42 + shipping with FedEx $35 to Europe. They are in the process of developing 555nm and 575nm but those won't be done until a couple of months. Right now they're offering 561, 532 and 545 for purchase on their Alibaba page. I already purchased 561 and 545nm from them. ETA Tuesday.

This is very interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing about the additional stuff on Friday.
At this price range I would suspect there will be a bit of interest.

RandomName123

I didn't know they had a Alibaba site. I went through their website. This is what they sent me for prices. I asked about the prices for 561nm and they said it would be a bit higher.

They also made a batch of 570nm, which was what I was talking about for the other product. But they had a problem with it changing wavelength and not being to spec for power. They also didn't ship them with drivers so I had to buy a couple. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pq01hoNq93Qs8W8LAdyvikkuc/edit#gid=1463621074 I put this specs of them on a google docs. They won't be making anymore till they figure out the problem and gave me a estimate for 3-6 months. I am now the proud owner of 17 559-572nm modules. Which I plan to sell some on here.

I have a power supply coming Friday so I can make sure they work and next week my drivers will be here.

Edit: One last thing. They will be increasing the price much higher than what it is currently. These are just samples they are selling. And the 561nm and PWM too.

Last edited:

Biggie Cheese

Thanks for sharing more info! My 561nm module actually comes with a driver attached. Fom the test sheet they sent me the 561 is still unfortunately very sensitive to temperature so yeah, that explains the cheap prices.

RandomName123

My 561nm came with drivers too, its just the 570nm didn't. For the 570nm I ended up buying some ACS5500BU from Barnett, sadly he is all out of them but DTR still has some. I would of used the ACS1500SE but they are no longer being made. The voltage for 570nm is 1.9V 600mA. I'll be testing each 570nm to make sure they all work and will be some of them.

Biggie Cheese

Sounds good! I asked them about their 589nm lasers today so I'm expecting answer on those tomorrow. I can already guarantee if they even have them, that they'll be much higher priced. I assume they've finished testing those and mastered the process.

RandomName123

I've asked them about the 589nm and they said they aren't making them right now. "Currently no 589nm crystals yet. All crystals are developed by our own company." I ordered mine about a month or so ago but had to wait a while till they finished the 570nm. They didn't have the 20mw 561nm at the time sadly. Still can't believe we have 561nm at such a low price compared to other sellers. Even at 5mw its crazy bright compared to 532nm at higher power. Now we just need cheaper prices for the orange spectrum!

I have a decent amount of savings so I might buy a bunch of the 561nm if they are still selling at a decent price just in case they go up a lot, which I expect they will.

Biggie Cheese

Yeah I also bought the 8mm 5mW module before the 20mW came out. It came out like 1 or 2 days after my package was shipped. I'd choose the 20mW version if it was out a bit earlier, but it's fine. 8mm is very tiny so I can put it in a very small laser pointer

Yeah I also bought the 8mm 5mW module before the 20mW came out. It came out like 1 or 2 days after my package was shipped. I'd choose the 20mW version if it was out a bit earlier, but it's fine. 8mm is very tiny so I can put it in a very small laser pointer
The name of the color is chartreuse. Chartreuse-yellow to be precise.

RandomName123

Chartreuse-yellow is just about perfect. It's like a neon yellow green. Super weird but really cool at the same time.