Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear GOD I would look like I never made it past 6th grade if I couldn't edit posts.. I've got a bad habit of hitting the post button before I've caught all my spelling/grammar errors.. then I'll re-read the post and see how bad it is.. my OCD about that kind of stuff won't let me leave it be. Spelling errors MUST be corrected..

DTR

I think that the ability to delete posts is a mistake in itself, as well as editing them after more than a few hours.

It may be a biased from debate forums, where it would be seriously abused by less than honest posters.

I thought the Mods could see the deleted posts? Archived for setting the record straight if need be.

Dear GOD I would look like I never made it past 6th grade if I couldn't edit posts.. I've got a bad habit of hitting the post button before I've caught all my spelling/grammar errors.. then I'll re-read the post and see how bad it is.. my OCD about that kind of stuff won't let me leave it be. Spelling errors MUST be corrected..

My spelling sucks too. I would be terribly annoyed if I could not edit a grammar or spelling error that made me look illiterate.

Toke

I thought the Mods could see the deleted posts? Archived for setting the record straight if need be.
Yes, I am pretty sure they can.
But it would be a lot of work, much easier if people could not "edit to look less like an idiot/damned liar"

M
y spelling sucks too. I would be terribly annoyed if I could not edit a grammar or spelling error that made me look illiterate.
Come on, you have spelling checkers and an hour or two before the post locks. :)
(English is not my first language, spell checker is a great friend of mine.:eek:)

I do realise the difference between a discussion forum and a hobbyist one like this. Here the edit feature is normally used to avoid double posts, or to update the OP for every ones convenience.

On a discussion forum it would be abused by e.g. a 9/11truther after his pathetich lies are exposed yet again.

It is quite likely that on average the advantages of edit and delete outweighs the disadvantages on this forum. Just not in this particular tread.

Exactly.... My 1st language is English.... and after I compose the
logistics of the post I post it to see how it sounds and reads...
(I know I could use the [Preview Post] button but by the time I
post it there are 3 posts between me and who I'm responding to)

Sometimes it looks like a 3rd grader wrote it until I edit the spelling
and grammar mistakes...

Sometimes I find some mistakes that I missed on older posts and
I NEED to correct them as I go... Is that a sickness EF..:undecided::eg:

I think DELETING threads should be left only to the Mods...

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.