Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm Weird Output. (Help?)

Muzzy64

So I got my first green Laserpointer today. It was a rather cheap unit from Ebay, probably around 50-100mw. It has been working fine for the last hour or so, but now after leaving it to charge the raw output looks very weird. Not round and clean like before, but rather like in the attached pictures. My question is, does anyone know how to fix that?

Scince I'm rather new to this hobby and I don't know a lot about green lasers, I'll just put some of my assumptions here.

I do think that, since it's 532nm, my unit is a Dpss laser. Maybe the crystal broke due to heat while charging? Or maybe it got damaged due to me trying to wipe the front of it with a microfiber cloth?

The first picture is the unfocused output, the second one is with a lense. 20210413_193202.jpg

20210413_193233.jpg

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
"Or maybe it got damaged due to me trying to wipe the front of it with a microfiber cloth?"

That's what it looks like to me. I think you bumped the OC out of alignment.

Hope by 'one hour' you did not mean an hour w/o any rest??
Sometimes When that happens we see some of the pump diode. Why not just buy another.. long ago they were $40 now more like $4. good luck

hak

Sowee7

Hope by 'one hour' you did not mean an hour w/o any rest??
Sometimes When that happens we see some of the pump diode. Why not just buy another.. long ago they were $40 now more like $4. good luck

hak
once they were more than $500