Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm "UV"-like Paint?

i've seen on an argentinean website some "pigment" (solid granulose material) that is reactive to 532nm (it reacts just like a blu-ray with GITD). is this possible?

the manufacturer says it is phosphorescent instead of fluorescent.

Things

Tried drawing on your TV with a greenie? If its phosphor, i would say it's the same kinda stuff.

*amk comes to computer to write: "Nothing happened..." and as he reads natababtas post, little sister pulls plug on the test LCD*

AH SHIT!!!!

I hope it goes away... its my dads LCD...

GooeyGus said:
I tried on LCD, plasma, and CRT....

nothin
tun it off, draw on it, then turn it back on, then point the laser at the screen. and while its pointed turn it offa gain.

its basically what blu ray does to GITD

amkdeath said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1210481885/0#6 date=1210586315]I tried on LCD, plasma, and CRT....

nothin
tun it off, draw on it, then turn it back on, then point the laser at the screen. and while its pointed turn it offa gain.

its basically what blu ray does to GITD

[/quote]
when i do thati see the last image displayed on my LCD monitor.

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought "phosphorescent" meant "glow-in-the-dark"... in which case, yeah, your greenie should charge the glow-in-the-dark material, but it won't make it fluoresce the way a blu-ray does.

edit: err.. I just realized what GITD stood for... I'm really not sure what I'm talking about anymore.