Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532 "200mw", red LED on Driver Board? Broke?

Hey there, I have a "200mw" focusable similar to the Cute Rayfoss style 532 bought elsewhere. Anywho I need to learn my lesson to leave things alone if they work. It was a great laser till I turned the pot to try and boost the current. I have another greenie with the same claimed power and it let me turn the pot while running nonetheless.

Well, I tried it with the one I mentioned above and now when powered up it flashes a tiny glimpse of green then stops, and on the driver pcb, there is a little red LED that lights up, never could get it to go back to the way it was. Anybody know what this little LED is indicating? Possible Diagnosis?

udanis

Is the red led on the driver board? Or is it coming out of the apature? Normally cheap chinese lasers don't have diagnosis systems included on them.

HIMNL9

Any pic of the driver ?

Also, in the past, leds was used as "voltage reference" for low current applications (like zeners), maybe it's just the Vref of the driver op-amp ? (just wondering)

Yeah its actually coming from the driver board...Ill get the pic in soon. But I am assuming the LED and momentary flash means some type of safeguard system for some component. On a $50 laser no less...