Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

520 nm vs 532 nm laser who is better ?

Ainus

I need new green laser araund 20 to 60 $
Im using my green laser to shining realy long distances like 8 to 30 km
An I need good divergence I found this lasers

They are not same lasers one of the lasers is 520 nm other laser is 532 nm
İf you didnt like this lasers suggest me a difrent lasers.
Thanks

I think 520nm is better,but i think seller is wrong, because price for 520nm is always expensive than 532nm (if less than 100mw)

GSS

I had to translate to English and the ads do not make sense.
They show green lasers but label them as blue lasers.
In general a 520 would be more robust and work in cold weather alot better although not as tight as a beam but still very bright.
I think for some reason Aliexpres is your only option??

Generally speaking, the 523nm DPSS lasers have a much better beam than any direct diode laser even can. Also, they are more visible mW for mW when compared with any 520nm, 515nm or 505nm direct diode laser.

Encap

Neither of the lasers you gave links for is a CNI anything---CNI does not make or offer anything that cheap and low quality.
That seller has nothing at all to do with the real CNI laser making company---is just pretend for promotional purposes.
Is just another low life misrepresentation by a Chinese seller. Nothing great about either of them--both low cost and quality mass produced lasers.

532nm is brighter and better beam quality w. same output power.

Last edited:

GSS

Neither of the lasers you gave links for is a CNI anything---CNI does not make or offer anything that cheap and low quality.
That seller has nothing at all to do with the real CNI laser making company---is just pretend for promotional purposes.
Is just another low life misrepresentation by a Chinese seller. Nothing great about either of them--both low cost and quality mass produced lasers.

532nm is brighter and better beam quality w. same output power.
Look closely at there CNI logo over their pic's on that sight. It's spelled Cniasers. Obviously to avoid legal issues..

Like longer lasting diode or with better lens
All the direct diodes are capable of long life. It really depends on how hard you drive them and how well they are heat sunk. Most of the lasers you see people building here are very much over driven. But, as long as you use a decent heat sink you should get many hours of use even over driven. Just not as many as you would if you stick to the recommended power levels.

What do you plan to use the laser for? Pointing long distances is pretty vague.

I would probably recommend going with a 50mw 520nm laser. The Sanwu Lasers pocket series is a good option. You will need to save up a little more money but it will be worth it in the long run. The only problem with Sanwu’s pocket lasers is that they have a short duty cycle with the inefficient green diodes in them. If you need continuous operation this may be a consideration.

And about beam quality. The lower power 520s tend to have pretty good beam specs because they operate via a single lasing mode. It’s not as good as a high quality dpss lab laser but it does rival cheaper handheld 532s.

If you really need 532 (extra brightness, really clean dot), I would recommend Dragon Lasers or Jet lasers. Bear in mind these units are more expensive and can be temperature sensitive.

Ainus

What do you plan to use the laser for? Pointing long distances is pretty vague.

I would probably recommend going with a 50mw 520nm laser. The Sanwu Lasers pocket series is a good option. You will need to save up a little more money but it will be worth it in the long run. The only problem with Sanwu’s pocket lasers is that they have a short duty cycle with the inefficient green diodes in them. If you need continuous operation this may be a consideration.

And about beam quality. The lower power 520s tend to have pretty good beam specs because they operate via a single lasing mode. It’s not as good as a high quality dpss lab laser but it does rival cheaper handheld 532s.

If you really need 532 (extra brightness, really clean dot), I would recommend Dragon Lasers or Jet lasers. Bear in mind these units are more expensive and can be temperature sensitive.
İs PL-E mini 1w green good for long distances and what is the jetlasers shipping price.

!!! HMT behavior but to give a benefit of a doubt, just go to their web site and find out mate. My take on this is you should just buy a 520 nm laser with a 3x beam expander on it from Sanwu. The beam expander will reduce the divergence to that of a 532 nm DPSS laser.

Ainus

!!! HMT behavior but to give a benefit of a doubt, just go to their web site and find out mate. My take on this is you should just buy a 520 nm laser with a 3x beam expander on it from Sanwu. The beam expander will reduce the divergence to that of a 532 nm DPSS laser.
I will probably save more money for JL PL-E mini 1w 520 nm laser