Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50wM, unbelevable cheap.

Well there's a lot of variance in them, too. The QC is all over the place, I wouldn't be surprised if they varied by +/- 20mW and beam width, as well. I ordered another one, to see how the consistency is.

Quality control. Focalprice isn't known for it. Basically, there's a bit of a gamble with what you get from them. But, the fact that this particular model has yielded a few decent units for $14, it's probably worth the risk.

Mine's been bright and solid. And, I just tried - it can burn black foam. Not as quick as say, my about equally powered (and pinpoint exit diameter) CNI GLP, but, it will do it.

a loose connection developed. After that it was never the same, it would get worse, i would need to screw the head around back and forth, press it, try again, hold it down and turn the head around and eventually dissassemble it and reassemble

Same thing happened to mine, then it turned into a <1mW beast.

Hello lpf mates :D
My laser arrived today along with my new matrix sunglasses( yeah I am a big fan of Neo :p but this does not have to do with lasers) anyway, I quickly threw in 2 AA batteries and I when I pushed the button I was AMAZED!!! The beam is visible in my lit room and the laser seems to be overspec, because I compared it to my ledshoppe 50 mw one. Both lasers use fresh batteries. The divergence of the ledshoppe is little better than this one though. I can't wait to try my new laser in the night :)
Will post back later today :D Get this laser while it is still in stock :)