Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW aiXiz Green Labby

daguin

bmansc said:
Wow... DX red dilda, + batteries & charger. Maybe $70 total from DX or $125 from aixiz.

Yeah. I use aiXiz very selectively. Some of their prices are out of line. However, the structure of their business sometimes results in great buys like this green labby.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=bmansc link=1213471542/24#31 date=1214587646]

Wow... DX red dilda, + batteries & charger. Maybe $70 total from DX or $125 from aixiz.

Yeah. I use aiXiz very selectively. Some of their prices are out of line. However, the structure of their business sometimes results in great buys like this green labby.

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

Out of curiosity - how fast did you receive it ? If you have covered this already, I'll go back and look again :)

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Out of curiosity - how fast did you receive it ? If you have covered this already, I'll go back and look again :)

I usually get stuff from aiXiz within 10 days. I am in Southern California.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1213471542/24#33 date=1214588570]

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

I....do.....not......like......you ! :D

I am 3 hours away, via a under the speed-limit car ride, and mine usually takes 10-14 days to arrive :( Jealousy is rotten, ain't it ? :p

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=daguin link=1213471542/24#34 date=1214588713][quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1213471542/24#33 date=1214588570]

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

I....do.....not......like......you ! :D

I am 3 hours away, via a under the speed-limit car ride, and mine usually takes 10-14 days to arrive :( Jealousy is rotten, ain't it ? :p[/quote]

That's because the largest state in the union is still using burros to deliver the mail.

Somebody should write a letter ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
That's because the largest state in the union is still using burros to deliver the mail.es 10-14 days to arrive :(  Jealousy is rotten, ain't it ? :p

Somebody should write a letter ;)

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

This may just be the Alaskan in me, but Texas is not the largest state in the union. We could spilt in half and still be the 2 largest states haha. Oh and we use moose to deliver our mail. Burros are just unsophisticated. ::)

ben74

I need help get this to work. All i have is in the picture and am i missing a cable?

Attachments

• a542_0.JPG
    a542_0.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 51

daguin

[highlight]Aixiz has changed the laser at the link to the auction in my review. [/highlight]

I have edited the first post in the review.

It is [highlight]NO LONGER [/highlight]the same laser as the one I reviewed.

Peace,
dave

FUDGE...

WTH, I ordered mine on the 25th I believe, damn it I think I am getting the "new" version...oh well wiring to mains wont be a prob, I will be pissed as hell though, if the power readings suck or are "just" 50mw as advertised...

What do you think daguin, same thing without the "frills" or el cheapo substitution? Can't wait to test it when I get my LPM.

brtaman

daguin

brtaman said:
FUDGE...

WTH, I ordered mine on the 25th I believe, damn it I think I am getting the "new" version...oh well wiring to mains wont be a prob, I will be pissed as hell though, if the power readings suck or are "just" 50mw as advertised...

What do you think daguin, same thing without the "frills" or el cheapo substitution? Can't wait to test it when I get my LPM.

brtaman

I'm sure it's not "El Cheapo", but it just doesn't have the niceities already included. Remember, these are designed to be OEM. You'll just have to attach a power cord and put it in a box.

There is no way for me to tell if it is just 50mW, but Ben74 already received his. It was his PM to me asking about how to plug it in, that alerted me to the change that aiXiz made. Ben74 doesn't have a power meter, but he said,

"It burns like a 150mW monster and with no IR."

Take it for what it is worth. I hope that somebody with a power meter gets one of these so we will know.

Peace,
dave

Ahh ok,

Automatically assumed they skimped on something (your power supply is covered/ vented etc.). But I will see, the laser should be coming in next week, the LPM im not sure but should be here in not that much time...I will post my results...

Maybe its the same head, while the power supply unit was exchanged for one that does the job yet costs them less?

Thanks
brtaman

daguin

brtaman said:
Ahh ok,
Automatically assumed they skimped on something (your power supply is covered/ vented etc.). But I will see, the laser should be coming in next week, the LPM im not sure but should be here in not that much time...I will post my results...
Maybe its the same head, while the power supply unit was exchanged for one that does the job yet costs them less?
Thanks
brtaman

It's more likely that they just ran out of the one style and move on to the next style they had in stock. To them (and most OEM users) the box and cord are not only, NOT important, they often times just get in the way in a "build." Boxes and mains cords are only important to enthusiasts like us who just want to shine the laser by itself.

Peace,
dave

ben74

[highlight]DO NOT BUY [/highlight]

My driver blown up after i left it on for 2 minutes and made a small hole in my wooden floor.

ben74 said:

My driver blown up after i left it on for 2 minutes and made a small hole in my wooden floor.
:eek:
Have you tried contacting Aixiz about it yet?

ben74 said:

I shouldn't laugh but I just did. Sorry for your loss.

daguin

ben74 said:

I have NEVER had a driver "blow up"! Were you injured? An explosion powerful enough to blow a hole in a wooden floor would probably send out pressure waves strong enough to harm you (at least your ears). Which component on the board exploded? You should be able to reconstruct the board from the picture. The component that exploded will be in pieces. Everything else should be intact although scattered. Did you take pictures?

Peace,
dave