Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW 473nm DPSS

I do have a question though. Where are you finding the '$35 non working 473's' All I see on ebay are the $55 fiber coupled, and the $75 ones. Which I don't get considering both are the same laser, and the $55 one is actually a better deal heh. The $75 ones just have had the fiber coupling adapter removed (4 screws) and don't come with the fluorescence metering head.

I could use more parts without tearing up 'working' lasers.

Also, As far as using the crystal set in a handheld.. You have to remember these use LBO.. and LBO is hygroscopic.. If you leave LBO exposed to the atmosphere for a few weeks, it will have absorbed enough moisture to cease functioning. And it's a change on the molecular level. There's no 'drying them out' once it happens.

Not to discourage making a handheld 473, but if you want longevity, the crystals need to be in a sealed airtight cavity.

Last edited:

Was this recently? I have a couple myself that I got in the past. I just don't see them listed at the moment. They probably come and go but when you said 'It was only $35 and there's plenty more where it came from', it lead me to believe they were still currently listed.

Last edited: