Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

505nm diode?

Here is the Datasheet for NDE4116E . Weirdly datasheet is not stating "Engineering Sample" as commonly it's stated in Nichia datasheets.

I noticed that Song Song is selling other Nichia diodes, so it wouldnt be a big deal ask for price from her too.

The E at the end of the code refers to it being and Engineering sample IIRC.

The suffix E at the end of Nichia's part number does indicate an engineering sample, but the data sheet the ArcticDude supplied doesn't have this suffix. I don't know, in this case, if the diode can be made available or not.

The suffix E at the end of Nichia's part number does indicate an engineering sample, but the data sheet the ArcticDude supplied doesn't have this suffix. I don't know, in this case, if the diode can be made available or not.

it is available for purchase, however, it is not a mass production diode hence the price tag... as 'they' have to make it upon request which interferes with their mass production line. That's my guest...

I always love looking back at the CNI website every so often, they always have a new wavelength every few months. Their offered wavelengths is massive!

505 would be a very strange color, I have a 515 here and it's color is easily identifiable from 532. Once I turned it on I knew it wasn't 532 lol. 505 would be a very, very minty-green and even probably cyan at the point honestly according to this chart:
https://academo.org/demos/wavelength-to-colour-relationship/ :)

-Alex

CNI's website for us is like a kid in a candy store. :D
I don't believe 505nm wouldn't appear cyan, it would still be obviously green to look at.

I believe it will look like the top led in this photo.

505nm-510nm-520nm-525nm-530nm-round-5mm.jpg

It most certainly would be a beautiful and unusual wavelength to own. :)

Last edited:
CurtisOliver it's all Ok ? do you have one problem with me maybe ?

What do you think Curtis has a problem with you my friend? He may be busy and hasen't check LPF yet. We do have lives outside of LPF, although it seems hard to believe at times. Give him time :wave:

-Alex

CurtisOliver it's all Ok ? do you have one problem with me maybe ?
3D, no problem with you just busy.
Was just about to reply and then my phone died as well. Now on my laptop. :p

What do you mean by 'Diode Laser Pulse Green !'. Are you referring to the diodes by Song Song?

Thanks Alex. :beer:
lol, yes we do have lives outside of LPF ... sometimes. :D
Currently tending to my degree and personal life.

Okay sorry, we certainly have lives out of LPF!
I saw that green led I thought it was a pulsating laser, like that of the Osram blue

Back