Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

505nm and 480nm diode RESULTS

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date Start date
Where did you find that 577 nm OPSL laser in your avatar? :drool:

By the way, that's cruel to show us you have that and unable to share with the rest of us, I bet in school you brought candy to the class but only enough for yourself! At the least post some beam shot photo's of the yellow glory it can produce!

:worthy:

I second this idea! bring the beam shots please!

Where did you find that 577 nm OPSL laser in your avatar? :drool:

By the way, that's cruel to show us you have that and unable to share with the rest of us, I bet in school you brought candy to the class but only enough for yourself! At the least post some beam shot photo's of the yellow glory it can produce!

:worthy:

I second this idea! bring the beam shots please!

You're both quite funny. And what a horrible thing to say! I'm quite a giving person! :tinfoil: And I've been working on a post regarding the Genesis lasers for a while, but I want to do it justice. There are a few problems I have to sort out...particularly image hosting, as I used to use photobucket, and they no longer do free photo hosting. The other is getting a good color representation. It shows up green on most of the cameras I've tried, despite being quite a solid yellow in person. I have dozens of lasers I need to write about, and you needn't worry-they're on the list, along with a few others, including one that is one of a kind.

Last edited:
You're both quite funny. And what a horrible thing to say! I'm quite a giving person! :tinfoil: And I've been working on a post regarding the Genesis lasers for a while, but I want to do it justice. There are a few problems I have to sort out...particularly image hosting, as I used to use photobucket, and they no longer do free photo hosting. The other is getting a good color representation. It shows up green on most of the cameras I've tried, despite being quite a solid yellow in person. I have dozens of lasers I need to write about, and you needn't worry-they're on the list, along with a few others, including one that is one of a kind.

Add me to the growing list of people waiting (im)patiently for your write-ups. Those Genesis Taipans have piqued my curiosity for a while now.

Add me to the growing list of people waiting (im)patiently for your write-ups. Those Genesis Taipans have piqued my curiosity for a while now.

They're not so different from the sapphire lasers, just higher power. They're a fairly simple laser in principle. :) but things cost money, and you can imagine that's lately something I don't have a lot of. Lab stuff is leaps and bounds more pricey and often less negotiable than the stuff the forum typically plays with, but saving up for it is totally worth it.

I feel very privileged to have seen this laser and got a great explanation of it from Matt. It is an awesome setup and would make anyone here green with envy. I know the thread on this laser will be great, as Ultimatekaiser is taking quite a bit of time to get it right. + rep

Just pitching in. I haven't read all 46 pages, hell maybe not even 46 posts of this thread.

But I thought you might appreciate my radiometric findings.

505nm diode
  • Low: 510nm
  • High: 512nm

PL520 diode:
  • Low: 523nm
  • High: 525nm

Here 'high' means 275mA and 'low' means that I feed 2.50V into a NanoDrive V2 so it runs at low current (didn't measure it though).

qJkm9Sc.png

Just pitching in. I haven't read all 46 pages, hell maybe not even 46 posts of this thread.

But I thought you might appreciate my radiometric findings.

505nm diode
  • Low: 510nm
  • High: 512nm

PL520 diode:
  • Low: 523nm
  • High: 525nm

Here 'high' means 275mA and 'low' means that I feed 2.50V into a NanoDrive V2 so it runs at low current (didn't measure it though).

qJkm9Sc.png

Thanks Zom-B. Do you know what batch number your 505nm diode has?

Singlemode

How can I find out? I got it from DTR. (Link) In fact, that shop page links to this thread 'for more details'.

Last edited:
Nice work, but like Singlemode put the model number is important. Some ended up being around 510nm like you have shown, whilst others have shown <505nm.

Edit: DTR's are not the <505nm diodes as you have found out. I can't remember what model number he has but i'll try to find out for you.

Last edited:
I'd also like a supplier for the <505nm diodes because I want that wavelength!

I know, so do I. :p
There are members on here who have been working hard on experimenting with all the iterations of these diodes, and are also finding reliable suppliers for them. Paul and ZRaffleTicket, have been doing a lot of testing especially.

From what I could find quickly, it is the SB1473N91's and SB1673N91's that have been found to be around or under 505nm.

Last edited:
and those (the 505 or lower) are coming from sources other than DTR? I would rather buy from DTR though. Although I have noticed there are indeed many of these diodes on Ebay now.

Last edited:
SB1473N91 and SB1573N91 are confirmed to be under 505nm (502-504nm), and their source actually is unknown.

SB147EC91 are the ones that DTR sell, they are 506-508nm.

SB217HL91 and SB217HN91 are two untested iterations that I've bought from ebay (via existotem), Paul has already received them and they are pending to be tested.

A.

Last edited:

Back