Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw yellow laser HOW?

I'll take two please. I'll PM you my shipping address. If you could, put it on some major university's tab. thanks!

Switch

I honestly don't know what would be cooler, 500mW of yellow, or 50 MEGAWATTS of IR

50MW no doubt, but unfortunately , that is not the case.The pump diode is just around 50W.That's 50.000mW not 50.000.000.000mW ::)

Once complete I'm sure the laser will find itself sent to the back storage room or destroyed based on the terms of the grant.
What a terrible waste.Just send it to me, I'll pay(for shipping) !! :D

This is NOT for hobbyists. If I wanted 1/2 W of yellow, I'd make it with two reds and a green - $500 tops

pseudolobster said:
I like how a laser that weighs 40 lbs can be described as "Ultra Compact" :p

All components of my argon total almost 200 pounds.

FrothyChimp said:
[quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1212005736/12#13 date=1212031386]OK Frothy -- We want that in a pen powered by 2 aaa cells.

Get on it for a GB  ;D

Mike

Yeah, yeah, and you want it cheap right? I can hear it now, "Well since yellow is between green and IR, and with IR so cheap and green a bit more pricey, the price of the yellow should be between the cost of green and the cost of IR."[/quote]

EXACTLY.

and i want it to run on a dynamo. and i dont want it to be DPSS. I WANT IT TO BE A YELLOW DIODE!!

(and with free worldwide shipping :D....and buying one should give us Frothy Points)

pseudolobster said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow!

I like how a laser that weighs 40 lbs can be described as "Ultra Compact" :p
Or that one that likely costs well over $20k can be described as "Low Cost" :p

Considering your alternatives are a YAG or ARGON LASER pumped DYE LASER or a 3 phase Krypton ion laser, yeah 40 lbs is pretty small!

jamilm9 said:
i asked the price. :-/

You know, if you have to ask you can't afford it. But just for you I'll give you a deal at just under $30,000.00 USD.

I was given your email request. We don't respond to a one line question with a yahoo account. In sales you know those just don't go anywhere. We focus more on the information requests with email domains such as .MIL (cha-ching), .GOV (cha-ching), .EDU (cha-ching), and any .COM representing a company particularly when the signature lines includes such things as Dr. or Ph.D, or Engineering Manager, or Purchasing Manager. Usually we can tell when someone is interested in systems for more than to just publish the pricing on an enthusiast site. People will say something like, "...this is what we are trying to accomplish..." or "...what is the recommended power for a dye responsive to 593.5 when diffused through a cell and viewed optically under 800X magnification?..."

VW

Razako said:
What kind of research would you need a 500mw yellow for?  I can understand the need for UV lasers in research.  The yellow might be more useful for a sweet laser show if you have briefcases of cash lying around.
Yeah, good point. It just doesn't seem practical to spend the time, money and/or resources in developing a yellow laser that power. And as for scanners, it's just going to be easier and cheaper to produce it out of green and red...

Once complete I'm sure the laser will find itself sent to the back storage room or destroyed based on the terms of the grant.

OMG No!!!!

nooooooooooo.jpg

oh_no_deleted.jpg

53nooooooooooo.gif

I'll take it :)

It'd be really interesting to see actually even more uses of lasers than the regular ones we hobbyists are used to.

Ace82

That is an truly awesome unit. It says near TEM00. Frothy Chimp, have you had the pleasure of operating one of these units? And $30,000.00USD is actually a very good price for that technology at this age in time. I’m sure the wavelength/color are attributes which are needed specific for certain applications, but still I wonder, isn’t straight IR more practical? Give technology some time to evolve and the price will too!

Research parameters drive the wavelength of a laser purchase. IR is only practical for research requiring IR. The color of the beam is irrelevant to the researcher. They will work in UV, visible, or IR if their research design requires it.

As far as near TEM00 is concerned, picture a near Gaussian beam profile and clip the very top flat.

I've never been able to operate a high power yellow. 20mW is my personal best. I've seen a high power yellow (about 10W if I remember correctly) operate at Sandia in NM. They were doing some adaptive optic stuff on a telescope there.

The very fact that 500mW 593.5nm is available is a clear indication that coatings technology has improved.

Switch

10W of DPSS yellow? WOW, now that must need some serious pumping.

tomcat said:
for that power of yellow id say it was a metal vapour laser

yea but usually those can lase at two different wavelengths, Yellow and green (if I remember correctly...) so it wouldn't be a constant yellow.