Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw blue laser problem.

ApexP- see you are now a LPF Vet- congrats- and a +3 as well.... hak

Thanks bro. This is by far the best forum I have come across community wise as well as content. I do plan to stick around here for many more years so you will be seeing a lot more of me :p

No intention to thread jack, just a side note, I intend on doing a little non-profit battery resale around here for peeps in the US wanting to get batteries and not wait a month or put their wallet in a blender. I hope to stock Panasonic, Sanyo, Feilong and a couple IMRs. My way of giving back to the best forum I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Okay, I'm actually a bit confused about my options now, haha *cough*. So, the first option was to just send my laser to ArgLaser, the other option was to buy a diode myself THEN send it to ArgLaser? Sorry for massive amounts of being a "noob" ._.

Last edited:
Yes and no. You could have both options but I believe the simplest option would have ARG get the desired diode and do the work. You could even pay for the diode and have it shipped to ARG instead.

ARG

I'd like to see a little more about the laser first. If the entire thing is potted then it wont be doable.

Jonneh

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. So since simple is probably better, I'm going to just send it to ARG.... If you think that's the best way xD

Jonneh

Right, I should probably upload those pictures... What do you mean by "potted", sir? :b

Encap

Just send it to ARG and let him determine what can be done.

PS Did you see on the Laserer web site that warranty in only 7 days

No... upload some detailed pictures of the inside so ARG can determine if he can work on it at all.

ARG

No... upload some detailed pictures of the inside so ARG can determine if he can work on it at all.

Best plan at the moment. If there's a problem with the driver and the diode it may not even be worth the $ to repair it.
There is much that can be diagnosed without paying 10$ to ship it to me :p

Encap

Absolutely---some good photos are the best plan---save time and money.

I suggested just send it because so far no photo's and was thinking maybe no camera or PC is available for him to use.

Jonneh

I FINALLY managed to take some good photos. I'm sorry that this took so long, and I hope they are at least a little bit helpful.

Lens angle 1:
i1lf2t.jpg

Lens angle 2:
28bz594.jpg

Front cap:
n4ceax.jpg

Other side of front cap:
107uasm.jpg

Non-blurred sticker:
2vxps04.jpg

Front of laser: (might need to retake)
b9dct5.jpg

Jonneh

Those turned out bigger than I intended >.>
Hopefully they are still good... Anyways, let me know if I should take photos of any other parts!

Last edited:
Inside is what really matters. See if you can get some shots of the electronics inside the laser.

i have a small off topic question . what is the name of the site from max .
he sounds like a good guy and therefore a good place to buy my lasers from instead of warnlaser . where i did get a defective laser . but i already talked about that on a different topic "has anyone ordered from warnlasers lately"
i recieved the laser yesterday and i did not even know about this site yesterday . (not 2 weeks ago)

on topic . sorry jonneh . i am not only new to this site but also high powered lasers so i am of no help 2 u.