Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw blue laser problem.

Re: Bad Lazerer experience?

So what is the kid supposed to do now? It would seem he can't get a refund, r exchange the laser anymore. He spent 100$ and all he got was a different product that was broken, and people being "harsh" on him.

How about we *somehow* help him out instead of talking about irrelevant stuff? I apologize for any stupid comments I made earlier, I just felt angry for the guy.

At least the guys first thread has a load of replies xD

Last edited:

One of the great things about LPF is word gets around. We discover from one another who are good sellers and who are not. Starting this thread implies something negative about the seller. then we found out we didn't have the full truth. not good. we all make mistakes. we break stuff. we pay for it. when and if the kid wants help and where to go from here, he can ask for it, right? it is not for us to presume he wants anything more than a free replacement.

Last edited:

You people are super rude. This kid is new, and he just came in here to ask for help. Not only did you mock him, but you called him a liar as well. His profile says he is 15, if I was 15 and was new here, and people just started saying stuff like that, I would not be happy. What if he didn't have the time to email Max earlier? You can't just assume things like that.

Jonneh, I believe you 100%. Don't listen to these people. Even if you don't get to exchange your laser, at least you have the friendly people on here to support you.

I am also a new member (Just joined today) and like I said, if I was younger, I would just feel helpless. What if his family is poor and it took him forever to save "100$"? Think before you post.

You know what, this day and age 2 weeks is a very long time as far as online communication. This is not snail mail. If I had a problem item I spent $100 on and I took 2 weeks to email the company, my dad would beat my ass for wasting $100 (at 15). If his family is "poor" then he prob should be spending $100 on items other than lasers. Problems like this are the reason you should have to be 18 for online purchases, especially with lasers. Also, he unscrewed the laser to look at it? Broke it in the process. Most portable lasers are not made to be taken apart. I could see if he was a professional with experience in this host and build, but he isnt. If you were a pilot and a jet engine was not starting up, would you take the whole thing apart to see what was wrong? No, you would inquire a professional or an experts advice/services. He should have contacted the manufacturer as soon as the beam was the wrong color. I would have looked over the entire laser before even installing the battery. Upon viewing the wrong label, I would have put it back in the box and contacted the seller. He said he had found out about them from LPF, so I know he was on here doing research. Maybe next time he will ask his parents for help when he has an issue in life since he does not know how to resolve a problem. When I was 15 I had 2 jobs was in school and competed across the US and Canada in Schutzhund. I was on the swim team, a boxer, and raced BMX. Poor Proper Planning=Piss Poor Results. Sorry for being so stern, but life isn't candy coated.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Oh my... I feel like such an idiot right now. Gah...
Seems like I made a mistake that cannot be resolved. I guess it was mainly my fault for opening the laser and such.

Thanks for all the advice.

- Jon.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Okay, so.... I hate to ask, sinse more people will probably flame me me, but does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I did not turn down the exchange option yet, but I doubt I could exchange it, since "I" messed the laser up. Any suggestions at all would be great.

I don't know dude, I am no expert on laser websites or anything. I just have a 5mw that I bought from a store, so I'm still a "noob" to lasers. I'm sure the other guys could help you, if they decide to not be harsh.

:)

Okay, so.... I hate to ask, sinse more people will probably flame me me, but does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I did not turn down the exchange option yet, but I doubt I could exchange it, since "I" messed the laser up. Any suggestions at all would be great.

See if he will offer you a discount towards a new purchase? He did send you the wrong product to begin with. You wouldnt need him to send you batteries, charger, or glasses since you already have them.

Last edited:

Max already said he offered to repair it for a fee. I am not sure what this fee may be but that's an option. Also if you were able to take some quality pictures of the issue we could help you far better. I may even be open to attempting a repair for you depending on the nature of the damage. I could also possibly work with you and Max and using parts you buy from him I could rebuild it. I do however enjoy helping others and love lasers but it bugs me to see people wrongly accused.

BTW, I only said what I did because of how the way the issue was stated massively skewed in your favor and was made out to sound like the whole thing was entirely Max's fault and none of yours. You both made mistakes.

Could you please change the title of the thread at least? It alone can cause bad rep where it is not warranted. You both made a mistake but Max is running a laser selling business and bad rep on the largest laser forum for something he did not deserve is just not right.

Last edited:

can you post pix of the laser and broken lens? maybe a shot of it lasing "dim"?

Encap

Get it repaired either by Max or one of the many good people on the forum that are capable of changing a lens---should not cost too much------then use it and enjoy it or sell it and get a different one.

I can't imagine exchange is still an option as you have damaged the laser--at least not without paying for a repair--in any case either option would involve your having to return it to Max---if you do be sure it is by a trackable method registered mail or EMS

JLM

Max already said he offered to repair it for a fee. I am not sure what this fee may be but that's an option. Also if you were able to take some quality pictures of the issue we could help you far better. I may even be open to attempting a repair for you depending on the nature of the damage. I could also possibly work with you and Max and using parts you buy from him I could rebuild it. I do however enjoy helping others and love lasers but it bugs me to see people wrongly accused.

BTW, I only said what I did because of how the way the issue was stated massively skewed in your favor and was made out to sound like the whole thing was entirely Max's fault and none of yours. You both made mistakes.

Could you please change the title of the thread at least? It alone can cause bad rep where it is not warranted. You both made a mistake but Max is running a laser selling business and bad rep on the largest laser forum for something he did not deserve is just not right.

100% agree, both made a mistake and now both need to meet a happy-medium deal to resolve this issue. One time Max help you will need to change the thread title.

Jonneh

I don't really want to repair it though, I just want the blue laser, if that makes any sense. Unless I have to pay for the repairs, then he will send me the blue one? Anyways, I understand 100%, ApexProxy. In all honesty, I didn't mean to make Max look bad. But apparently I didn't "think about what I was writing. I removed all Lazerer references and changed the title.

I will try and upload pictures as soon as possible, even though I already.. Wrapped the laser. >.>

One more thing, I failed to add a detail in my original post. It's another problem that I saw with the laser, the actual lens, came out. It's hard to explain, I will just post pictures as soon as my sibling is back with the laptop. (I've been posting from a mobile device).

Thanks for your help, everyone.

ARG

If it's a simple repair I can help you out. I've always got some 445nm diodes/drivers/lens' on hand and we're pretty close geographically speaking.

Last edited:
If you want the 445nm laser from Max either way it won't be free now that the 405nm is damaged. Since you sound like you really don't want to keep it either way I wouldn't do any attempts to repair it and send it directly to Max. He would likely be able to charge you repair fees and then send you a 445nm. That is assuming the 405nm can be repaired back to like new condition and be resold.

ARG

That's likely the cost of a whole new laser though. 50$ diode, 10$ shipping from here to China and Max's time.

Encap

Take up ARC on his kind offer to help you and do repair or mod.

Am sure he could remove the 405 diode and replace it with a 445nm blue and replace the lens.

YOu caould maybe sell the 500mw 405 diode after.