Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5000mW Handheld - legit?

I was browsing through laserpointerpro.com and found this 5000mW handheld that looks almost exactly like the spyder lasers from wickedlasers. That price is incredible if this thing is real so I was wondering if anyone had any clue about this laser?

DrSid

5W handheld is possible, but it would look a lot different. These hosts usually have around 1W. Maybe it might be pushed to feed single 9mm can (up to 3W), but only for very short duty cycle times. 5W has to be multi-diode, multi-battery, with large heatsinks.
In other words .. it's just another site lying about power of their lasers, which means - stay away.

I ordered a 500mW 532nm from this site when I didn't know any better. its pretty bright but I havnt had it lpm'd. It doesn't burn anything. That's not why I got it, but its a good reference point I think. idk im a newb. I then made another mistake by ordering from lazerer. I got that 100mW 532nm keychain. just as bright as the laserpointerpro but it will burn anything black and ignite darker matches.. GET GOGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! survival goggles are great. I recently ordered from sci-fi laser because I actually researched this time and found great reviews on customer service and products. they too have banners so you just hafta research!!

What is with these fraudulent companies being allowed to have stickies, even if they do pay? They should at least be required to be honest in their listings, which they clearly are NOT :rolleyes:

Rifter

What is with these fraudulent companies being allowed to have stickies, even if they do pay? They should at least be required to be honest in their listings, which they clearly are NOT :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more, this is actually the only thing that pisses me off about these forums and is the sole reason I will never spend money to support them.

We are supposed to be here to educate people on lasers but yet we allow complete fraud's to advertise here, just the fact that they are on this well respected site does nothing but ADD CREDIBILTY TO COMPLETE FRAUDS.

WHY ARE WE HELPING THE FRAUDS??!?!?!?!?

Get rid of the frauds ill throw in money to support forums, but not while letting frauds advertise here is A ok that just rubs me the wrong way.

I know right, I figured links from here would be to legit sites instead of linking nooks like me to shady dealers :(

Agreed, I learned the hard way that MOST of the ads are fake. Why is it allowed, more people might donate (I would) for server costs if it were not for that problem alone. That being said, sci fi lasers is great, I am in contact with him now and he has answered my questions, even at 2:30 am here. 9:30 there.