Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$500 to spend. First build? Maybe? Suggestions?

Vision

Since Ehgemus is not replying to me. I don't think I'll be getting a good host anytime soon, so I'm open to suggestions as to what you guys would personally build with $500. Pointing out that I've never built lasers before.

Nothing particular. Doesn't matter what NM but has to be quite powerful. 1W+
If not I'll maybe get that 7W from scifi. I hate the divergence tho.

-buy a yellow 589nm laser from Dragon Laser?

-buy from podo & Scifi..

-build 1500mw ndg7475 520nm.

-i can build you a custom host....but i'm can't build anything close to Ehgemus quality...
PM me if you want a custom host....

Did you see this deal? HERE
All you need are drivers and batteries and a slab of copper, it would look like a hand full of lightning.

You would need to use much caution and proper safety equipment.

Last edited:

Vision

Did you see this deal? HERE
All you need are drivers and batteries and a slab of copper, it would look like a hand full of lightning.

You would need to use much caution and proper safety equipment.

That's a great deal!

Vision

-buy a yellow 589nm laser from Dragon Laser?

-buy from podo & Scifi..

-build 1500mw ndg7475 520nm.

-i can build you a custom host....but i'm can't build anything close to Ehgemus quality...
PM me if you want a custom host....

Irrelevant but, how bad is the Oclaro 700?

the worst!!! it's like having a line filter past 100 meters when focus to infinity.

if you need anything help with anything pm me... i'll answer all your question....

Id go with one of the NUBM07E diodes. The colour is fantastic and they have a stunning beam. You just need an SXD at around 4 A. Please note however, like all high power diodes, it is multimode! :beer:

Last edited:

Vision

$500 for the first build ?

I remember how I started with a LPC-826 and an AMC7135 chip lol

Well not really first build, I used dvd diodes looooooooong ago when I was a kid. But didn't build anything more complicated since.

I just got a good deal on a NUBM06 with the Gball lens intact and was thinking of doing a simulated half block HH only with the option to add a slip over sliding focus expander set. Diodes can be pressed into 12mm modules with the Gball sticking out the front.

If nothing else half a Gball block in a HH would make one heck of a blue spotlight, to be used with great caution of course.

Yes the diodes would all be mounted in the same orientation and the block would have to be drilled with four 12mm holes evenly spaced and as close to exactly parallel as possible. But as they are uncorrected diverging beams hyper critical run out adjustment is not needed.

The 4 SXD drivers will take up to 16v input so 3 good quality high drain low resistance IMR cells should be good for LIGHT duty. :D :p

4xgballs_zpsadrjzjzd.png

HUH I wonder if a phosphor dome could be used to make a mean flashlight?
FL diodes are often rated in watts in not watts out I do believe, and they are blue diode pumped phosphor, so these 4 diodes would be 100 watts in making it ...if phosphor converted a 100w flashlight? Would that equate? Caution would have to be exercised at all times.

Last edited:

Encap

Since Ehgemus is not replying to me. I don't think I'll be getting a good host anytime soon, so I'm open to suggestions as to what you guys would personally build with $500. Pointing out that I've never built lasers before.

Nothing particular. Doesn't matter what NM but has to be quite powerful. 1W+
If not I'll maybe get that 7W from scifi. I hate the divergence tho.

If you lke green and good beam quality get a JetLasers PL-E Pro DPSS 532nm 500mW for $500 or build a diode 520nm 1W if you don't mind so-so beam quality

Last edited:
100mW 473nm PL-E pro from jet lasers would be sick. maybe something from CNI, you could probably get a cool wavelength.

Last edited:

Pman

Contact "sinner" and see what he has. I have one of his chromed Cyprus (may be spelled wrong) all copper hosts and it's a beautiful unit that I built a 1.5W 520nm into. I think mine was a bit over $100 for the host but and I also bought an extra module sink. Mine is a 2 18350 cell unit but he had the same thing in a longer 2 18650 unit for about $200. Out of all my lasers I think it's the most beautiful.

Hi ,
As Pman said Sinner all CU hosts can't be beat i have quite a few of them and all are awesome.Here are just some he made i have the NDG700 in the XL version but soon will be trading the diode for a NUMB41 replacement.CU is the only way to go with these high power diodes.

Rich:)

Attachments

• anqxz.jpeg
    anqxz.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: