Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500 mw Greenie for $139 OX

Encap

Only $89 at OXLasers OX-GX7 focusable burning 500mW green laser pointer flashlight with 5 star caps light cigarettes, View green laser 500mw, OXLasers Product Details from Shanghai Oxlasers Electronics Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

They also advetise it on Taobao for about the same price. oxlasersÕýÆ·500mW´ó¹¦Âʿɵ÷½¹Â̼¤¹âÊÖµç·ÖÀ뾧ÌåÖ¸ÐDZÊÔ¶¾àÀë-tmall.comÌìè

Typical low end mass produced low/toy quality laser with very short OX duty cycle spec.-- 50 seconds on/20 seconds off. Very high IR leakage is common is low quality DPSS laser. In the advert Ox says the 500mW version is only 400-420mW including IR which even if true means less than 400mW momentary peak of 532nm and "fat beam" meaning poor divergence. The laser glasses supplied are useless if you want 100% protection . With no IR filter/dangerous IR, you would need laser glasses that block 808nm and 1064nm IR in addition to 532nm green.

Last edited:
I would advise against it. You can't power a 500mW greenie with an 18650, but the website says that is the battery for this laser. Also, this is AliExpress, which is not trustworthy at all. Just take a look at this whopper:
holesale Laser pointers blue laser pointers 10000000mw burn match/pop balloon/cigarettes+battery+changer+gift box-in Laser Pens from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

That's not true at all, you can definitely run a 500mW (or higher) with an 18650.

I do doubt the accuracy of the listing, though.

Sta: 10,000 W blue Gatling laser, that's funny. Put me down for 10 of them.
The guy must have fallen asleep on his zero key.

Yessir, most do exaggerate on AliE, but OX has a more honest rep, according to all the reviews.

I suspect EnCap has it right, cheap quality and 400- mw...If the diode lastest 2+ years, that might be good. Keep the cycle under 60 seconds and who knows. Still, $115 shipped for a 350-400 mw.

So no one has bought one...

Last edited:
It might only run for 5 minutes for all you know. In my opinion, not worth the trouble.

Last edited:
For the money, I don't think it is a bad deal, provided it doesn't have quality problems. If it puts out 500mw on a laser power meter, expect about 25 percent of that power is IR. I doubt they have an IR filter built into it.

I'm telling you, prices are coming DOWN.
Quality has to be improving too, as they'd go out of business, and they know this.
They may have a quadrillion of these to sell, so pushing them hard with the price breaks.

Last edited:
I'm telling you, prices are coming DOWN.
Quality has to be improving too, as they'd go out of business, and they know this.
They may have a quadrillion of these to sell, so pushing them hard with the price breaks.

Prices are coming down indeed, as technology becomes better and more efficient but it hasen't gone down enough to expect 300mW of 532 for $130 unfortunately. If you do get a 300mW of "532" for $130 most of it would be IR(as said by Alaskan) for now :)

Edit: laserbtb has some 300mW 532 but for $164
http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=77

-Alex

Last edited:
Another company shill heard from. That was 500mw not 300.
Another member on the forum already bought one, LPM'd it and found it to be very close to spec., around 440mw. Gives it very good reviews.
They say in their ad it has some IR.
The tech/power/price curve is moving faster than some of you boys can keep up with.

OX has very good reviews - like mentioned in the first post.

Last edited:
I asked the seller what the real output power was and received the following response:

Ben Wang
RE: Price inquiry from Chris in United States
17 Jun 2015 21:15

Hi its about 50-80mw

thanks

I don't understand the above response to my question when they advertise the unit as 400-440mw on their web site. Why say one thing on the web page and when asked another? Was he mistaken and gave me the wrong answer for that laser, or being truthful when asked in private?

Edit: Did RoyWalker neg me ? He left the following comment in my profile:
Another lying shill. Ben Wang of Oxlasers is a man you can trust. Other co.'s are envious of his prices and will do anything to discredit him. Shame.
I don't think Roy understood the 50-80mw report came directly from Ben, LOL...

Last edited: