Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

.5 watt JDS Uniphase laser-from Bio Sytems 3700 DNA Analyzer-how much??

daguin

Fausto,

Can you give us the model numbers on the laser heads? If it's a multiline, i'd be interested...

Here are the specs from the labels:
Power Supply;
Model 2114P-40MLA
Serial # 40189
Max current 12A
Laser;
Model 2214 40MLA
Serial # 30722
Weak Laser;
Same as the other one.

For personal use, IMNHO this one is worth taking the chance, Aryntha

Peace,
dave

Thanks Dave. :)

Yup, waiting for his response.... Was the exact model of the DOA one I got some time ago...

I have a 2214-40MLA at home (tnx Dave) and it's pretty damn cool. Mine tops out at ~95mW at 10A, but I run it at 7.5A normally, at which it produces 45mW. The only small-frame argon system I think I'd like more would be an ALC60x, but I'm more than happy with my lil' multiline. If this system is half as healthy as mine, you'll be in for a good time.

Eye Candy:
1275-my-uniphase-multi-line-argon-458nm-476nm-488nm-497nm-502nm-515nm.jpg

1274-my-uniphase-multi-line-argon-458nm-476nm-488nm-497nm-502nm-515nm.jpg

Yes, I just like to show it off..

Last edited:
Yup, just wondering now about shipping from Montreal to Colorado, that may be a lot, but we'll see... Man, why does all the stuff that I happen to be looking for, *exactly*, be international, heh..

Last edited:

daguin

Yup, just wondering now about shipping from Montreal to Colorado, that may be a lot, but we'll see... Man, why does all the stuff that I happen to be looking for, *exactly*, be international, heh..

That is the only reason it is still on the market. For personal use it is worth paying the shipping. For resale, not so much :(

Peace,
dave

Well, I think I worked out a pretty good deal with Fausto -- We'll see how it goes; hopefully I wont have more shipping "bad luck!"

Out of two 2214-40ML heads, one should work! Fingers crossed...

EDIT: Sent the paypal $ to Fausto. He'll be shipping them out ot me on Monday. I'll let you guys know what comes of it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welp, just received the lasers today through DHL --- Both are dead... Unbelievable. Burned again. This is 2214-xxML numbers 2 and 3; i seem to just keep throwing money down a hole.

The first one just clicks eternally (expected) - but the new one, -- plasma discharge, but no beam. Just a purple glow. Will continue this over on the Gas forum but, man, this is crazy. I guess I'm just being forced to tithe to the dead laser gods.

daguin

Welp, just received the lasers today through DHL --- Both are dead... Unbelievable. Burned again. This is 2214-xxML numbers 2 and 3; i seem to just keep throwing money down a hole.

The first one just clicks eternally (expected) - but the new one, -- plasma discharge, but no beam. Just a purple glow. Will continue this over on the Gas forum but, man, this is crazy. I guess I'm just being forced to tithe to the dead laser gods.

DAMN! Sorry about that. If the shipping wasn't so high, I would have bought these. Members have had VERY good luck with these lasers out of the DNA sequencers.

Headed over to the gas board

Peace,
dave