Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4W Argon Demo

Cyp et al.,

Just got to boast about how cool your laser is. Everybody please thoughly review the link I just posted because it's the best ION laser ananomy, disc., pics, wavelenth, primmer, etc... I've ever seen! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Keep shining that laser man!

I think it will last longer through getter cleaning action!
Periodic operation required! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• plasma-tube_photo_0600w_4web.jpg
    plasma-tube_photo_0600w_4web.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 89
Nice laser. I hope you burn a hole through your wall then the neighbors wall. :D

chickenfish said:
That is so awesome. Im now gonna sit on ebay for the rest of my life until one comes up. :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coherent-Innova...ryZ53141QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can get an idea of what it puts out by looking at this page. I haven't found a page for this particular laser yet.
http://www.laserinnovations.com/coherentlaser_innova-300_LaserInnovations.htm

I would love to buy that that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

That's beryllium oxide.

There are only 5 or 6 materials that can go into a argon plasma tube and survive the arc: BeO, tungsten, aluminum nitride, pyrolytic graphite and molybdenum

Most are made with BeO, and mine is definitely a ceramic so I would assume so. Although it could be aluminum nitride.

Also, I remember no laserium.

I'd be all over it if it wasnt 220VAC 3-Phase. That's commercial power and very, very expensive to have brought into your house.

Hey if anybody needs 3 phase PM me cause you can do it with junkyard 3 phase motors driven by a single phase and it's very efficient!

Very nice *drool* that got me too when you were melting the solder - I was going "ok, it slices and dices, burns and cuts, but wont light a match??" then saw that it was solder.

I cant get over how awesome this is. Its really hard to find a decent argon on ebay that isn't 240 3phase. I cant wait for mine to come this week, although it wont even be 400mW much less 4W ;D