Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

488nm diodes price

I'll just leave this here for now.

10dejit.jpg

Will post more details and pictures in separate thread soon.

I never knew how much I needed 488nm in my life till now...:drool::drool::drool:

Sadly, for those who don't know anything about lasers, these two beautiful pointers are nothing more than just 2 red keychain pointers but with a "different lamp with a different color"

Sadly, for those who don't know anything about lasers, these two beautiful pointers are nothing more than just 2 red keychain pointers but with a "different lamp with a different color"

Sometimes I get attention when I show people some of the unique colors as they believe lasers exist only in green and red.

I'm curious why the 488nm is so low mw, wasn't it the 60mw diode, I think I read 8mw somewhere, did you just have it set low due to the heat!

I measured 9-10mW on my LPM. I wanted something safe for indoors use and for presentations.
It doesn't even get warm after 5 minutes of continuous operation.

500.8nm was always my favorite blue-green WL. Hard to produce though without some really expensive parts though.

Last edited:
Running a 515nm diode at somewhere around -130C would get you close.

The toolset required to establish such a low temperature at home would steal pretty the same amount of your budget as if you were spending it on buying the Emerald diode developed by Zichia.

D

Deleted member 16589

OK WHAT How did i miss this o_O o_O
+ rep for you.
Now I wanna see your rainbow in one pic xD.

Last edited by a moderator: