Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

488nm Argon

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask you all if the price is right for this unit as i'm about to buy it.

Just wanted your opinion first!

I can allready buy it (seller gave me the ''OK'')

It's a : Cyonics Uniphase 2201-40MLA Argon Ion Laser doing 56mW

i can take it for $593

Should i go for it ? is this a OK price ?

Comes with:

Uniphase 2101-40MLA Power Suply.
Included 230/115V transformer.

Some Pic from seller.

Ko4aS.jpg

27jq3.jpg

srvac.jpg

SbZET.jpg

Anything i should look out for ?

Thanks, and cheers.

Sm.

Last edited:

ped

Daguin will probably be able to help you with this.

Hey! That's a nice argon there!

Now first things first. That argon is actually multi line! Which means you will get other wavelengths along with your 488nm line! These units are really nice! I own one myself actually.

Now about that price... Hopefully that 593$ includes shipping. If not then its a bit pricey. If you lived in the US I'd tell you that it isn't worth it. However international shipping probably is >100$ for a unit like this so the price isn't bad.

It does include a 220-120 stepdown transformer too so that makes it a bit of a better deal.

All in all the price seems fair and the argon is nice. If you don't mind spending 593$ then I'd say go for it.

If you need more info about the unit I do have one so just send me a PM.

Thanks!
Jeff

What's the KVA rating of the transformer? How many hours does the tube have on it?

As Jeff said in the US that'd be pretty over priced IMO but if that also includes international shipping it's not too bad especially with the transformer. Those power supplies and heads aren't light (mine cost 80 bucks to ship half way across the US!) so if that does not include shipping I'd pass.

if you buy it make sure the shipper packs the head good because you don't want it getting knocked out of alignment or even worse broken since those have a beryllium ceramic tube that is highly toxic if it becomes airborne.

edit: Cyparagon brings up two good points. Even though I only run it at full blast for more than a minute or so at a time my 100mw Argon pulls 12.5A from the mains at full power so make sure that the transformer can handle that. If you can have the seller check the hours of use the tube has. There's a meter inside the head that'll show how much life is left on the tube.

Last edited:

daguin

Where is this shipping from?
Does the price you gave us include insured shipping?

Peace,
dave

The argon is in the same country as i am in... so that's a good plus..

I will ask the seller for more info :)