Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

485nm PLT5-488 Review

ped

Photos like that remind us why we're in this hobby.

Some serious optical p0rnography there.

Thanks for sharing Z.

Ped

Last edited:

BobMc

The camera is the samsung galaxy S8+'s built in camera. I'm amazed by how good it is. As for specs, I'm not too sure.

Very impressive for a phone camera. Think someone else on here is using a s8 and I commented on there photos too. I've heard such good things about the new cameras on the phones. They do take such stunning photographs. Very impressive, the more the merrier. :)

Last edited:
I'm still using the stock acrylic lenses as I don't get the artifact with it on any of my lasers. I was afraid the multi-element lenses would cause it as they have on everything I've tried so far.

Thanks ped! Have to take advantage of opportunities like I had to take the pics.

The stock acrylic doesn't help the 502 at all, but it does cut down the 480's box by a good margin... not that it really bothers me too much

Huh. I found the acrylic lenses to eliminate the artifact on all the so called "505nm" diodes I've tested. Go figure.

So I was playing around with my diffraction grating...

And got up close to the spots to try getting a shot back at the laser

When I noticed something odd on the wall next to me...

This friggin thing is multiline. Didn't notice it until today. The second line is noticeably deeper blue but not as blue as 480nm.