Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm or 589nm diode?

Rivem

I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one. Sure yellow is rare, but is that all that makes it desirable? I personally like the colour of 473 much more than 589, if I would even like 589 at all. Call me odd but I find it a bit of a nasty colour :whistle:

I just feel like it's a bit bland of a color. Not that I dislike it, I just like other colors more. 593.4nm is a bit better to me, but I really like 604nm. Too bad even the DPSS modules are ridiculous, and the HeNe tubes are nearly extinct.

Otherwise: :bowdown: 488nm.

Yeah, though I like the blue-green area more than 589nm, something that doesn't exist yet is more appealing.

That said, I would really love something in the 595-615nm range (deeper orange).

There exist some diodes that output ~622nm, which would be quite more orange when compared to the ~635nm ones we have. If you have the cash, there are ~604nm & ~607nm DPSS lasers out there(as im sure you know). The price? Probably $X,XXX :D

-Alex

Rivem

There exist some diodes that output ~622nm, which would be quite more orange when compared to the ~635nm ones we have. If you have the cash, there are ~604nm & ~607nm DPSS lasers out there(as im sure you know). The price? Probably $X,XXX :D

-Alex

Might have to look around for 622nm diodes. I didn't know those were commercially available.

Did CNI ever get back to you on those modules?

Yeah I've thought about it for some time, like it's actually going to happen haha! And I still don't know, some of you all have made a pretty valid point that we can get 470nm out of the 07E, I love blue so much and yellow would certainly be different but I've been looking at the 593.4 and I think it looks incredible.

Rivem

Probably one of those things where you can't afford it if you need to know the price.

I'm curious to know, but it's almost certainly too much. I think they probably just want to give a number within a reasonable budget.

Yeah I've thought about it for some time, like it's actually going to happen haha! And I still don't know, some of you all have made a pretty valid point that we can get 470nm out of the 07E, I love blue so much and yellow would certainly be different but I've been looking at the 593.4 and I think it looks incredible.

Yeah. Not a huge fan of yellow, but the orange territory is really appealing to me. That's why I like the 593.4 a bit more. Still would rather have something right above 600nm though.