Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm M140 Diode In Copper Module With Leads & Three Element Glass Lens

-coupon code: LPF445 10% off
-i don't understand your question but this is what i guessed....

-AW battery have 600ma... and laser draw 1.8amps which = 1800ma now basic math:
600/1800= .333....or 0.33... ====> 0.33 x60 minutes= 19.98 or 20 minutes
which means you can use the laser for 20 minutes before recharge the batteries...

It sounds like you are assuming a driver set at probably 1.5 or 1.6A or so, if you are assuming a driver set at 1.8A then no that's not quite how it works but close. As far as I know, the most efficient driver is up to 92% efficent, most are less than that, that's why the higher power ones need heat sinking. You can test for yourself with your DMM at the tail cap and you will see that more current is drawn from the batteries than what the driver provides to the diode. The excess power is dissipated as heat.

what battery size did you ordered?

Hopefully he ordered two 16340 unless he bought the battery extension tube for $20, in that case you can use two 18650 and seldom need a recharge. My M140 is in a C6 with a 1.5A driver and does ok even with cheap batteries (two 16340), a 1.25A driver is a good choice, the C6 is very small so you don't get a long duty cycle, a little lower power will make a big difference in this case.

Alan

thanks Pman and PiR square... i don't know the efficiency of drivers so i stick to the basic and assume 100%...