Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*445nm lasers* !GB-Closed!

Re: *445nm lasers* !arrays 550$ and diodes 35$!

kiyoukan, I would like to add another diode to my order. I have already paid $35 so as I figure it, I need to add $3.75+$38.75=$42.50 more. I will be more than happy to pay the difference once you are firm on a plan of action. If you so decide to include any LEDs in orders, I would like to reserve one or two of those as well, that is primarily where my experience lies. If not, thats fine too :)

kiyoukan, additional 3.50 paid for first diode. Would still like to reserve a 2nd as posted above. Or backup if someone drops out.
Thanks.

Re: *445nm lasers* !diodes 38.50$!

will be updating and sorting the lists out tonight the shipping will be in orderd paid.
So the list might get shacked but it appears i might have enough people for a 3rd projector and i will order it asap.

kiyoukan, can you refund me my $71.06. I've sent you a PM with the transaction ID.

Hi kiyoukan, Do you have a good system for extracting and sending these diodes without heat or static damage?

UPS or office max should have some anti-static foam or packaging. We have some at work, comes in big pink rolls. might could see if there's any of that.

edit; sent a few more bucks your way, kiyoukan.

Also, bidding $5 for the circuit board that the diodes and/or LED connect to.

Last edited:

Hello sorry for my absence my pms are being taken care of as we speak.
yes i will be working on a cardboard mat, with a esd bracelet hooked to my ON computer to keep me grounded.
i have a pair of anti static tweezers if i need to hold the lasers. they will be placed in antistatic bags.
I will not be using any soldering iron on these.
Your iron will be the first to touch the laser.
so there will be a small amount of ribbon.
i found a good source of containers to ship them in they are around 1.5in dia by .75 tall
they are hard plastic so they will be set inside there, along with the laser inside the esd bag then cushioned by esd foam.

Your computer doesn't need to be on to be a ground sink. All ground points are grounded as long as the cable is plugged in. Just make sure to stick the strap to exposed metal on the case, not painted or anodized or coated. Sounds fine to me, though. You excited?

i am very excited. they look to be here on Wednesday and i am hopping to be able to ship everything out at the same day.
I was thinking about buying an esd work mat but i could not find one cheap enough and to get here in time.

Static

Here's my experience with static.
Sorry if you know it all already, but it might help someone:

Table lamps:
Important and easily overlooked. Most aren't earthed and some carry enough juice in their metal shades to light a small neon lamp (honest!). If you use one to help see the small work, don't touch it while handling the projector or diodes!

Humidity:
A place I worked used to leave an electric kettle boiling permanently (in a very large room) to raise humidity as they got more working electronic assemblies out the door that way!

Wear cotton clothes.

Use a reliable and certain connection to earth for your wrist strap.

If you don't have conductive wire cutters to snip the connections to the diodes, touch the metal of the cutters before each use so you earth any charge they might have picked up (I add bare copper wire wrapped tightly around the cutters metal parts and then several times around one of the handles. Touch (and so earth) everything conductive, including conductive foam, before letting it touch the diodes.

The goal is that the diodes are at earth potential and so is everything else that touches them.

okay there is going to be a mass email as i have now made an excell list with peoples rl names and emails lpf names and initail payment and secondary payment.
you must meet all of these.
so if any info is missing i will email you so i might be able to make the correct list.
Another note i have a total of 54 lasers ordered now and only 48.
6 diodes / people are going to be put to the 3rd projector or refunded i wont know who these are till i get conformation.
Also if you already have some and would not mind waiting till i get the third projector please post or pm. if you post you might get reps for being a nice person...

=======================================================
this is the list of people who have not paid the extra payment needed.
Boosted_4cyl
Freqjn
nixon5
blackbird
Villalaser
TheGr8Revealing
Mr.Scharmer
Mr. porter
the people who are going to be put into the 3rd projector are most likely on this list due to the fact they will be the last to complete payment.
So hurry up and make the payment befor anyone else.
and when you pay please pm me with your trans id so i can verify and update my sheet.
if you see your last name it means i dont have your lpf name so please put that in the pm as well.

====================================================
every one else on my list has paid both fees.
Now i also dont have every ones lpf name so you will be getting an email asking you for your name please be as quick as you can about getting it back to me thanks
=============================
Now i have gotten several questions about whos getting the first set of lasers.
aka lasers out of the first 2 projectors.
who ever paid the second fee the fastest will be 1st then so on after.
This is because the people who paid the second additional fee are the one who have completed payment first.
I am sorry to have to do it this way but this is also so i dont have to hunt you down if you have not paid the extra fee.
If you have any issues or concerns please send me a pm or email now that you all have it and we can talk.
I am hopping to be able to order a 3rd projector.

Last edited:

Cheech

Great work.
I don't care if you don't even use a esd wrist strap or cutters, as long as you just touch a metal lamp that has a ground plug is cool.
I've never gone wrong that way. I you ask me why you can just look in the NFPA 70-NEC 2008 Section 250,645,and 647,with a little electrical know how(just dont shuffle your feet while extracting;) ). Alls good as long as your house isn't 50 years old.
Thanks again for the deal.

i want to be as safe as i can when i extract them.
Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm out I'm afraid, I think Rob will PM you the ID because he made the payment.