Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm Laser Experiments

WOw!
That is the most impressive video of the 445nm laser diode I have seen yet. I can not imagine this in a pointer.
Now I know what all the fuss is about. Interesting how well it makes thing fluoresce just like the 405nm diodes.

Btw, I too am building a 1W 445nm in a few weeks I have got the main PSU and TECs which will run just to keep the temperature and output stable of my labby.

Thanks again.

haha, did anyone else notice all the burn marks in the desk? :crackup:

Why does an LED output light when a 445nm laser hits it?
Do all LEDs output light when any kind of laser hits them?

The laser excites the phosphor inside the LED. White LEDs are made with a blue emitter die, covered with a yellow phosphor. The phosphor makes new higher wavelengths combined into white, up to 4-5 times brighter than the original blue light.

It can also make LED dies themselves glow with a green 532nm laser, as seen in this video:

The effect best shows with red, orange, yellow and light-green LEDs with a green laser. It can also be done with a blu-ray laser on green and blue LEDs, but not nearly as bright. You absolutely MUST use goggles when trying this!

^ yup, the goggles will filter out the lasers' light and allow you to see what other colors are produced

all i can say is holy crap. i've been in summer school so i haven't visited in ages. here i thought i was cool for having an 8x and waiting for 12x to drop. but damn this thing awesomeness. tomorrow is final oral exam and friday is written, but during this weekend if i get the diode in time, i'm gonna make this before 4th of july. LOL.