Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445NM Blue Laser Problems

Qorx

My 445NM Blue Laser is having problems I can't diagnose. I've brought new batteries and a battery charger. I charged them all the way and the light beam didn't even make a dot on the wall it was like the batteries were dead. I was 16340's 1.8A Mohgasm Driver, M-140 Diode. I don't know why it is acting like the batties are dead. Could it be the driver?

Qorx

It's been 20 hours since the post and I've had no response. I really want this issue fixed because I've spent like $160 on this thing and it still won't work. :/

Blord

Show us the picture of the raw output of the diode without the lens. We see from the picture if the laserdiode had LED.

norbyx

A picture will tell us all what the problem is. Did you by any chance tried to invert the polarity of the batteries? (Just asking DONT DO IT)...

can't tell by these pics.
You need to heatsink this laser. You didn't turn it on without the big metal piece around the module, right?

We need to see the emission pattern. It turned on without lens, pointed at a wall.

Where are you from? I see a language barrier there...

Qorx

2x 16340's.

Also, here are the pictures from the emission test. There seems to be weird patterns in the light.

Laser - Imgur

The emission pattern is not normal afaik. It should be "bars". The laser diode is heating? The driver is heating...?

Blord

The diode has LED. It is basically a LED now and not a laser diode.
You need to replace the diode.

Qorx

Why, how did it screw up? So, at least I'll know what not to do next time.

Last edited:

norbyx

Why did you screw it up? Well let's see there are various reasons. You could have shaken the laser diode hard (maybe you dropped the laser), you could have kept the laser turned on for too long, you could have inserted the batteries in the oposite direction (polarity), you could have just been unlucky...