Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445 Optics especially lenses

Hi All.

I was just wondering if anyone ever tried to setup some kind of optic array with the lenses from known projectors OISAC (spell it backwards) to collimate a laserbeam.

These optics look and feel very high quality as they're made of proper glas.

There are many different shaped lenses to expand a beam and to focus it. Maybe there is a
useful way to build a telescope optic or anything similar.

If this topic already exists somewhere in this forum i appologize for double posting this.
The search function did let me down then as well :cool:

anselm

I remember reading that the individual diode's lenses themselves are pretty useless to
us laser enthusiasts. But I am sure you can use the other optics for something nice.

Mirrors + glue + CPU fan + laserpointer = spirograph / tunnel...

There are some nice optics you can use from it, including no doubt all the lenses to collimate the beam, but they're pretty large (2cm or so wide), and a pain to mount and calibrate. You'd need an optical bench or something, and while that's cool for your desk, you can't haul that thing around too well.

There are some good concave a convex lenses that could be used to make some sort of beam expander, but i dont think any of those lenses could do anything to help correct the multimode ouput.