Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

430nm Directly Doubled Diode lasers

I am posting this because I would like to buy one of these, however he does not want to part with these. So it's $400 for the lot. The lot includes two working units and a third case.

Goal is to do a mini-group buy where we split it, and the other person drop ships them. Or he may even split it with two buyers present, who knows. I am just trying to get 10mW of 430nm here. These are too elegant a laser to let rot on a table.

Some back story on the beginning of my journey. I have been looking for 430nm since way back when I saw the module on CNI's site and they quoted me $$$$. However, during SELEM I spoke to the very gentleman that offered those Protera 488nm modules, he led me to Junktronix. If it weren't for him, I'd have never known.

That being said, he has dibs on the other unit since he made that request that I not buy him out. I am offering him that. If he wants the other, it's all his. However, since they're up in the open of the forums, it's pretty much now or never. Hence why I am posting it and making it visible to him, and also trying to find a backup group-buy-ee.

Directly Doubled Diode 430nm

Last edited:

IsaacT

Are there any pictures of these anywhere? All I am seeing is textual descriptions.

I've wanted 430 for a while, the perfect blue-violet. If only I can find someone to split this with me..

I might be interested, if you can wait some time! Need to save up some funds.

step 1: obtain 860nm diode. Step 2: smear powdered fertilizer on the front. Step 3: profit!

Seriously, though, from the brief description, it didn't sound that complex. Then, from the various descriptions in SLFAQ, it started sounding more complex. Then the picture was just, ok, that's enough.

http://www.rp-photonics.com/optical_resonators.html < basic description of ring vs linear resonator arrangements. ooooOOOooo!

Last edited: