Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

419mw Blu-ray Handheld Laser (Focusable)

Re: 600 mw Blu-ray Handheld Laser (Focusable)

hey thanks! I will definitely join if they are still updating it.

Sure! PM me the required data when you'll receive it and I'll be glad to add you in the 8x Owners Datasheet! :yh:

daguin

No, that was with an aixiz glass lens..

That would explain it. 400mA is higher than I like to drive these 8X's. Add 27% to the output for a 405-G-1 lens to know where yours would compare against others.

410 x 27% = 111
410 + 111 = 521mW

Now each diode is different. However, with a 405-G-1 lens, your laser should be putting out <500mW (Unless it has already begun to degrade)

Get a better lens! ;)

Peace,
dave

That would explain it. 400mA is higher than I like to drive these 8X's. Add 27% to the output for a 405-G-1 lens to know where yours would compare against others.

410 x 27% = 111
410 + 111 = 521mW

Now each diode is different. However, with a 405-G-1 lens, your laser should be putting out <500mW (Unless it has already begun to degrade)

Get a better lens! ;)

Peace,
dave

I have one of your 405-g-1 lens :) I just dont have the 8X in a host right now, I gotta pay someone else to re-solder it on a driver for me... I am not good enough to do an 8X yet...plus, dave you know where all my spare $ is going right now haha

Last edited:
Awesome video man! These high powered blurays are so tempting. How much did that set you back?

well uhm theres kind of a small story with it ^^.

It goes like this.

I bought it off another user for 260$ shipped, it was a 6x with 260mw output.
It eventually died about after a week so i asked if anyone could repair it, and daugin said he would look at it and tell me before he replaced anything.

When he got it, he said it looks like the diode blew and when it did it blew a wire off and caused the driver to overheat and blow aswell.

He upgraded it with an 8x + flexdrive + labor for 240$, It also costed 20$ to ship both ways.

So i guess my total investment was 520$, If you were to make yourself i would assume it would cost ya "about" 350$.

well in my honest opinion, it was well worth it!

I theres almost nothing that dosent burn instantly including skin.

I even cut a match stick in half!

Its by far my favorite laser, and yes i am glad it ended well for me too :)

I plan on getting a 12x around september. A birthday present... To me :D
Actually I'm hoping sometime between september, and december a 14x, or 16x will come out, but I'm kinda doubtful of that... Anyone heard anything about new bluray developments lately?

I was going to ask daugin if he could put a 12x in mine but i think he only had a 8x :(

But its ok, im more than happy with my 8x as long as it lasts forever :)

well last time i talked to their live support, they told me they expect shipments to arrive may 1st, i have not yet been informed of any further details as of yet but ill let you know :p

Edit: They did say it "should" be shipped this week.

Last edited: