Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

40watt green - laserscope

Switch

That is HUGE!!! I bet that will screw up your goggles very fast.With a good beam expander that could light a match from a few hundred meters probably :eek: Too bad he's not burning stuff with it.

its not that big, but hes take it all apart.

also on a plus note it plugs straight into the mains so no 3 phase

Switch

I meant that the power is HUGE :D It seems like it's a surgical laser and Laserscope is the model or brand.That's what I understood from reading his comments anyway :p A 40W beam in the fog outside would be visible for miles :D You would need goggle just to look at the beam :p

its pretty mega

oh keep an eye on ebay they sell for £500-5000

someone picked one up for £1000 i believe

Switch

If you could get one with a busted computer or something...that would reduce the price. 1000 quid is a bargain for multiwatt green :D Equivalent green module sell for a lot more.

Wow. Just imagine, if you had a few grand to invest, you could rig up a 20k scanner system with some big mirrors and make a SICK beamshow. You could probably see it from space!!1
Definitely from miles away. I've heard of 20 watts in some big shows but never 40.
I'm sure you could make the money back with a beam show like no other. Literally.

Come to think of it, there are some second hand on ebay that SUGGEST conversion for laser shows. And $6000 seems to be the cheapest they get.
So when I've saved up for a good few years I have the option of getting a second hand car or the most powerful laser scanner in the country if not the world.
Hmm... No contest there. And I'm not kidding either. I would get the laser... and a cheaper car to shift the thing around in XD

Switch

No doubt it would be very visible on the clouds.LOL, I think you would need to get some sort of permission to fire that thing up. :D You could do a hell of an advertisement for someone, just write on the clouds "Come here for whatever" LOL ;D I wonder if you could get a guiness entry for the most powerfull scanner... Or it would be cool to put that in your yard , hooked to a computer and motion detectors.And when a burglar gets caught by the motion sensors a recording would say "Halt! You have been targeted by the most powerful lazor alarm system, surrender or be burnt!" :D The possibilities are endless.You can even make a more efficient laser popcorn machine than the 3x16x diode one :D
I wonder what is the yag being pumped with though :-/

Switch said:
No doubt it would be very visible on the clouds.LOL, I think you would need to get some sort of permission to fire that thing up. :D You could do a hell of an advertisement for someone, just write on the clouds "Come here for whatever" LOL ;D I wonder if you could get a guiness entry for the most powerfull scanner... Or it would be cool to put that in your yard , hooked to a computer and motion detectors.And when a burglar gets caught by the motion sensors a recording would say "Halt! You have been targeted by the most powerful lazor alarm system, surrender or be burnt!" :D The possibilities are endless.You can even make a more efficient laser popcorn machine than the 3x16x diode one :D
I wonder what is the yag being pumped with though :-/

i was wondering the same thing. . . :-? :-? :-?

The YAG isn't pumped with another laser. There is a traditional KTP crystal (real big phat one) which is pumped by a Nd:YAG rod which has its own q-switch and flashlamp.

(This is what I learn from a little googling.)

i think he was asking for the actual pump source (in this case flashlamps) and i would assume they are just run CW and watercooled so they don't.... you know... melt

Switch

So the 1064nm line must be really powerful :eek: Hmm...what about the filter? :-/

Nobody has one yet. This is just info.
And yes, the flashlamp and rod are refrigerated with the same system as in a fridge, using proper freon coolant and all I think.
But hey at that power would it even matter if it was pulsed? I'd just run it 50% power CW rather than 100% pulsed.